King street smell of urine

This public toilet on Devonshire Green is set to close after only 22 people responded to a city wide consultation

When was this city-wide consultation?? Did anyone actually know about it? (back in 2015 when it happend)

I find their figures a little suspect as well:

“The maintenance costs of these five facilities are currently paid for by the company that provides them, which gains an income from the advertising on the units.

“However, from next month the advertising will stop and the maintenance costs – an estimated £20,000 per year per facility – will have to be paid for by Sheffield City Council.

Just looking on street veiw it's clear the Deepcar toilet has no advertising on it whatsoever, never has.

Does each small unit pull in £20,000 a year just for a simple advert poster? They're coin operated aren't they, who gets that money?

Is that the real cost of keeping them clean?

Edited by geared

Certainly is some sites there and the council do nothing about cleaning the area. There maybe cut backs but there is no excuse for it smelling

Many shops and pubs now have an open door policy whereby non patrons/customers can now use the toilets without the need to purchase anything, in fact i have openly seen the staff at the Bankers draft allow the homeless to use their toilets to freshen themselves up many, many times

I wouldn't call King street quiet and most normal people plan their toilet movements,if I want a per I don't leave it until the last minute.

I find that a highly questionable statement.

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 17:58 ----------

King Street = one of my many 'no go' areas of the city

You are a bit delicate aren't you?

I wouldn't call King street quiet and most normal people plan their toilet movements,if I want a per I don't leave it until the last minute.

Tell that to my Prostate and Bladder.

Angel1.

Saw about 80 homeless on their last night .. it looks as if their homeless soup kitchens shack up of an evening down there..

would love to see some proof of this :suspect:

would love to see some proof of this :suspect:

get down and have a look

I find that a highly questionable statement.

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 17:58 ----------

You are a bit delicate aren't you?

I'm sure when most people feel a pee coming on they go and don't wait until they have to do it in the street,well most normal people.

If you or your child were desperate for a pee in town and couldn't find a public toilet what would you do?

Let him or yourself wet yourselves or find a quiet spot and pee up against a wall?

I know what I'd do.

Petition the council to provide facilities.

So you would be quite happy to break the law ?

Many shops and pubs now have an open door policy whereby non patrons/customers can now use the toilets without the need to purchase anything, in fact i have openly seen the staff at the Bankers draft allow the homeless to use their toilets to freshen themselves up many, many times

Another reason to keep well away from that ghastly pub.

get down and have a look

80 homeless ?

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 20:46 ----------

Another reason to keep well away from that ghastly pub.

Getting as bad , as the old Cannon , or Hen and Chickens