White Male privilege

We have a thing at work where a round of recruitment has happened. ALL candidates were useless... however, one person got the job because his ethnicity is under represented in that sector.

That is not a good enough reason to give someone a job.

Has anyone ever thought, maybe some parts of society are under represented in certain sectors because those people don't want a job in that sector?

Aye, armed forces. About 7% of all personell. But, someone will be along and say it’s because of bullying.

There are African TV channels on Sky with no white actors in their programs.

Why is no one claiming racial inequality there?

There's also Irish and welsh

This popped up on my facebook feed this morning, illustrates how privilege works for those who are still struggling (or denying it).

https://www.facebook.com/labourclivelewis/videos/1507875759289226/

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 08:44 ----------

Virtue signalling by the OP?

Sounds about right.

I'm not sure it's even possible to virtue signal on a platform where none of us know each other.

On facebook, perhaps, although you'd need some real evidence that the opinions being posted weren't actually held. But on here, no, because nobody knows each other.

A phrase used by selfish and petty minded right wingers with an empathy deficit to describe people with a social conscience.

Anybody who has a different opinion to you MUST be a 'right winger'?

I support complete nationalisation of the utilities, transport (including the local bus service) and the banking system. Which includes dismantling the stock exchange.

But I guess I must be a rabid 'right winger' as I have used the words 'virtue signalling' to describe the lazy, simplistic and deliberately obtuse wording of this thread.

Oh, and you don't really believe that you have a social conscience do you? How can you?

You have posted in support of discriminating against people on the basis of the colour of their skin. And their sex. You believe that to discriminate is a 'positive' action. Thats not very socially responsible - is It?

This popped up on my facebook feed this morning, illustrates how privilege works for those who are still struggling (or denying it).

https://www.facebook.com/labourclivelewis/videos/1507875759289226/

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 08:44 ----------

USA is not Britain.. completely different society and history.. you ought to get real life experience rather than your textbook or internet view of the world ...

The reason why the 100m final is black is because genetically they have more fast twitch muscle fibres. Equally how many do you see in the 100m swimming final? Simple fact is a lot of blacks dont like water.

This aint racism, I'm not descriminating I'm just pointing out observations. There's things all groups of people do and don't like and its not racist to point it out

The reason why the 100m final is black is because genetically they have more fast twitch muscle fibres. Equally how many do you see in the 100m swimming final? Simple fact is a lot of blacks dont like water.

This aint racism, I'm not descriminating I'm just pointing out observations. There's things all groups of people do and don't like and its not racist to point it out

Evolution is a wonderful thing, I remember this from adults in 70s and 80s stating when there wasn't many top flight black football players, the reason being blacks couldn't handle britains cold winter, skip forward a few decades and I guess that myth been debunked judging by the overall amount of successful black players in British top flight football.

Evolution is a wonderful thing, I remember this from adults in 70s and 80s stating when there wasn't many top flight black football players, the reason being blacks couldn't handle britains cold winter, skip forward a few decades and I guess that myth been debunked judging by the overall amount of successful black players in British top flight football.

Rather they started to get more opportunities?

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 10:27 ----------

If I'm so privileged I want to know where my Jag is. :mad:

How many black folks do you see driving jags?

hardwork, talent, the one good thing with football it's a level playing field, you can't hide the cream as it'll naturally rise above the rest, whatever the colour, likewise poor players can't hide forever.

hardwork, talent, the one good thing with football it's a level playing field, you can't hide the cream as it'll naturally rise above the rest, whatever the colour, likewise poor players can't hide forever.

Possibly true today, but clearly wasn't a few decades ago.

---------- Post added 12-10-2017 at 10:27 ----------

How many black folks do you see driving jags?

maybe they dont like Jags?? but have seen plenty driving big Mercs and Q7,s:suspect: