White Male privilege

Nah, it's demonstrably real.

who cares??? thats life get over it:loopy:

who cares??? thats life get over it:loopy:

hahaha nice answer, honest, straight to the point and shows up the type of person you are

I really don't understand what the smoking and eating fruit bits are supposed to prove. In what way can that information be used to come to any kind of conclusions about anything of importance?

Also, sorry but I don't understand why the sex crime/domestic abuse bit is added. How is this related to the topic?

Edited by little miffy
Added a question

I really don't understand what the smoking and eating fruit bits are supposed to prove. In what way can that information be used to come to any kind of conclusions about anything of importance?

Also, sorry but I don't understand why the sex crime/domestic abuse bit is added. How is this related to the topic?

It cant. Its just another waste of money on a pointless survey . Still it keeps someone in a job i suppose.

In your example do white males get the chance to eat more fruit and veg? if so, why.

what are the social economic reasons why?

are black males held in poverty more than white males? do black males get more chances to escape poverty? this report says no

The Tories are not asking those questions, they are calling it racism, shouldn't they find out if it is first?

because the title i put was white MALE privilige and being female is less so, especially with sex crimes and domestic violence on the increase

---------- Post added 10-10-2017 at 20:06 ----------

The Tories are not asking those questions, they are calling it racism, shouldn't they find out if it is first?

im sure those types of questions SHOULD be asked now theyve found out there is serious issues to be able to start to put things right

It cant. Its just another waste of money on a pointless survey . Still it keeps someone in a job i suppose.

Do you think striving for racial and sexual equality is a good idea, or a bad idea?

A straight answer please.

Ahhh God here we go again bash the white male. I'll give a statistic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom

You make of life what you will. Last time I checked this wasn't a communist society and sure people are born with different hands but that's just how it is. Just a load of pointless moaning from a load of plums that ofcourse are all holier than thou and "never" make any prejudice assumptions.

Guest makapaka

I agree that your life chances are improved in this country are increased as a white male.

That said - there are aspects of this report that raise lots of different questions and people shouldnt pick and choose aspects of the report to suit their arguments.

White people eating more vegetables is not evidence of racism or privilege - it’s not harder to obtain vegetables as a non-white - nor are they prohibitively expensive for disadvantaged people - I don’t know why it happens but it’s not racism or privilege.

White kids are underperforming against other races at key stage 2 - is that racist? I wouldn’t say so.

People need to pick their arguments better - a scattergun approach to issues surrounding racism and privilege dilutes the valid arguments.

Ahhh God here we go again bash the white male. I'll give a statistic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom

You make of life what you will. Last time I checked this wasn't a communist society and sure people are born with different hands but that's just how it is. Just a load of pointless moaning from a load of plums that ofcourse are all holier than thou and "never" make any prejudice assumptions.

I agree with all that :thumbsup: and await be called a sexist , racist , neo Nazi and right wing little Englander , by people who don't know me :)

---------- Post added 10-10-2017 at 22:25 ----------

I agree that your life chances are improved in this country are increased as a white male.

That said - there are aspects of this report that raise lots of different questions and people shouldnt pick and choose aspects of the report to suit their arguments.

White people eating more vegetables is not evidence of racism or privilege - it’s not harder to obtain vegetables as a non-white - nor are they prohibitively expensive for disadvantaged people - I don’t know why it happens but it’s not racism or privilege.

White kids are underperforming against other races at key stage 2 - is that racist? I wouldn’t say so.

People need to pick their arguments better - a scattergun approach to issues surrounding racism and privilege dilutes the valid arguments.

And I agree with that :thumbsup:

Do you think striving for racial and sexual equality is a good idea, or a bad idea?

A straight answer please.

Id like to answer that. Bad. Oh my God I said Bad!!

For 1 its so easy for you to say and stand there taking the moral high ground but for 2 unless you apply it to the entire world and everyone on it, and control everyone's thoughts and mindsets then you are whistling in the wind.

Why even stop at race? Fat people? Ugly people? Short? Oh look another fat ugly white bloke trying it on, but it's fine if Brad pitt propositions somebody.

And anyway I cant think of a non white traveller and they get probably the harshest treatment by society.

Provide a solution why dont you for this Eutopia you propose? Ban a load of right wing types? Stifle all possible prejudice opinions regardless of any facts they are based on? Do tell

Guest makapaka
Id like to answer that. Bad. Oh my God I said Bad!!

For 1 its so easy for you to say and stand there taking the moral high ground but for 2 unless you apply it to the entire world and everyone on it, and control everyone's thoughts and mindsets then you are whistling in the wind.

Why even stop at race? Fat people? Ugly people? Short? Oh look another fat ugly white bloke trying it on, but it's fine if Brad pitt propositions somebody.

And anyway I cant think of a non white traveller and they get probably the harshest treatment by society.

Provide a solution why dont you for this Eutopia you propose? Ban a load of right wing types? Stifle all possible prejudice opinions regardless of any facts they are based on? Do tell

Striving for sexual and racial equality can never be a bad thing.

Trying to pin everything as sexist and racist can be.

In some ways I think it can almost be quite patronising to people - am i so incapable of choosing what I buy at the supermarket? - and therefore I need people to tell me I’m being oppressed to justify my choices?

I wouldn’t like that assumption being made about me.