Sign in to follow this  

Red Safety-Wardens Vans: What is the point?

does anyone no why these people are employed i heard they was antisocial behavoir workers they are constantley up and down the gleadless area but the youths are still there causing the bother and damage as always so what exactley are there jobs ?

we have these on our area to reduce the number of gangs around doesant work though as the kids think it great and stand throwing bricks at the vans in order to get a chase into the woods we watch them every night so i myself dont think they are doing much either but that the council for you the yobs win again

They are part of Sheffield Homes and operate city wide. They are sent to areas where there is specific anti social behaviour to speak to tenants and to gather information to pass on to the police. They are in touch regularly with the community support police and share information with the police and those who raise ASBOs and ABCs. They do a really good job.

They are part of Sheffield Homes and operate city wide. They are sent to areas where there is specific anti social behaviour to speak to tenants and to gather information to pass on to the police. They are in touch regularly with the community support police and share information with the police and those who raise ASBOs and ABCs. They do a really good job.

I agree may not be perfect but at least someone is trying to address the problem

The idiots who throw things at the vans don't do themselves any favours because the wardens carry cameras and camcorders, film the culprits who are then identified by the police or by education staff and they suffer the consequences. Additionally if the wardens are able to identify the idiots then they are, in the eyes of the law, deemed to be professional witnesses and their word is accepted to issue penalties or to take matters further.

these are in use where my parents live it doesant help as they are scared of the gangs that are hanging round they get abused stones pelted at the vans it shocking last week they patrolled in 2 vans parked up then went on foot to the area were the youths was they soon run off wasnt so clever then

these are in use where my parents live it doesant help as they are scared of the gangs that are hanging round they get abused stones pelted at the vans it shocking last week they patrolled in 2 vans parked up then went on foot to the area were the youths was they soon run off wasnt so clever then
if you see all these things then why not contact the police you seem to no everything that is goingg on the youths wereabouts day and night you keep saying parents are you sure your not 1 of these weirdos who go round following kids it seems very strange to me the threads you are leaving on the forum

These wardens are employed by Sheffield Homes, on behalf on the Council. As previously stated, they carry digital cameras and video recorders. Having spent a very informative night with the Wardens back in January, I can assure you that they are not afraid to tackle anti social behaviour. Whilst I was with them, we followed a group of youths and a warden confiscated a large wooden batten that one of the lads was carrying. Photographs were taken of a couple of youths who had been involved in nuisance behaviour and were identified as they came out of a shop, with the details passed on to the local area housing office. This information may be used as evidence of breach of tenancy. During the course of a few hours, we parked up and walked across a number of estates, with the wardens not only dealing with gangs of kids and youths, but also calling on a number of addresses to reassure vunerable residents. Far from being scared of the mindless idiots, these people actively went after the groups. throughout the time I was with them, they were mindful of my safety, suggesting I return to the van with one warden if I felt uneasy.

I for one think they are doing a great job.