Jump to content

Anyone poisoned with chips in news paper ?

Recommended Posts

was you poisoned by having your chips served in news paper or did they taste better:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

once saw a dog ******* on a bundle of papers left on chip shop door step

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they always put a type of grease proof paper round the chips first. Then wrapped them with newspaper after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I thought they always put a type of grease proof paper round the chips first. Then wrapped them with newspaper after.

 

yes but did it touch the news paper ? and the vinegar always soaked through did it not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I thought they always put a type of grease proof paper round the chips first. Then wrapped them with newspaper after.

 

In my experience that's what happened.

 

I had a student job in a newsprint business which involved both printing and recycling newspaper. It was horrible stuff to work with, when it got damp it would rapidly turn "sour" and stink to hell and back due to the organic material in it. Protective clothing and facemasks had to be worn when handling the paper that had been printed on because the dust contained all sorts of noxious stuff. Not a problem when reading a newspaper but most definitely a problem when ingested or inhaled as particles.

Edited by Person6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes you wonder how all us "oldies" managed to survive with all the dangers we had to survive,never realised that newspaper poisioning was one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:thumbsup:

 

---------- Post added 10-10-2017 at 10:47 ----------

 

Makes you wonder how all us "oldies" managed to survive with all the dangers we had to survive,never realised that newspaper poisioning was one of them.

 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a young boy there was a chip shop at the top of Wheldrake Road that would give us a bag of scraps when you you took in a huge pile of newspapers....Happy days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
was you poisoned by having your chips served in news paper or did they taste better:huh:

 

Yes i died in 1973 :loopy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In t'old days you had far worse things to worry about killing you than ink on newspapers. You know, mining accidents, the plague, bombs, killer cormorants, large unexpected holes in the ground, falling rocks and the like. Nowadays there's all this health and safety business ruining our lives by making everything safe. No fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.