Traffic 10th October 2017

Crosspool to Broomhill? All jammed up. Crookesmoor down to Brook Hill? All jammed up. Could it be that a butterfly has flapped its wings on the ring road? Perhaps... unless there's something else going on as well.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/motorists-warned-of-collision-on-busy-sheffield-city-centre-road-1-8796213

And for that matter when I came past the bottom of Lodge Lane where it joins Rivelin Valley Road, there was a lorry stuck there as well, so that's somewhere else to avoid...

Guest makapaka
Crosspool to Broomhill? All jammed up. Crookesmoor down to Brook Hill? All jammed up. Could it be that a butterfly has flapped its wings on the ring road? Perhaps... unless there's something else going on as well.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/motorists-warned-of-collision-on-busy-sheffield-city-centre-road-1-8796213

And for that matter when I came past the bottom of Lodge Lane where it joins Rivelin Valley Road, there was a lorry stuck there as well, so that's somewhere else to avoid...

It’s been horrendous. The junction just under the bridge leading up to the Victoria hotel had a lane blocked by an accident and caused mayhem all through town.

Edited by makapaka
Sorry - just read your link and seen you already highlighted this.

Apparently a crash on Manchester Road

Road blocked, recovery Work, queueing Traffic.

Road blocked and queueing traffic due to recovery work on B6073 Furnival Road Both ways at A61 Derek Dooley Way. The road is blocked by the recovery truck for the accident on A61 Derek Dooley Way

Recovery Work, accident, queueing Traffic.

Queueing traffic due to recovery work and accident on A61 Sheffield Parkway Eastbound at A57 Sheffield Parkway. The accident is reported to have happened under the bridge by the Holiday Inn. Originally reported to be Westbound but traffic sensors and other sources have confirmed that the Eastbound carriageway is affected.

AA showing severe congestion on all main roads west and north west from here, heading up to Hillsborough and Childrens Hospital.

Traffic was queued right down South Road in Walkley at 8.30am this morning.

It's quite scary how something as seemingly small as one lane being blocked on the ring road a couple of miles away can lead to total carnage. Annoying for commuters, but must be much more serious for emergency services getting through.

Traffic all backed up on penistone/Halifax road . It’s taken me half an hour from Foxhill to Hillsborough this morning. Wife’s just phoned and said traffic is now backed up all the way to grenoside

Edited by jon&emma

Traffic was queued right down South Road in Walkley at 8.30am this morning.

It's quite scary how something as seemingly small as one lane being blocked on the ring road a couple of miles away can lead to total carnage. Annoying for commuters, but must be much more serious for emergency services getting through.

I know. It even knocked on as far back as Middlewood Road, beyond the tram terminus.

It's taken us more than 45 minutes to get to Hillsborough Park from Longley. Herries Rd was still really busy on the way back.

Its the same thing that happens all the time - a little bit of rain and people drive like nutters turning the roads into chaos!

Its the same thing that happens all the time - a little bit of rain and people drive like nutters turning the roads into chaos!

If that is true then nobody would bother getting in their car in Glasgow.

It doesn't help that the Sheffield traffic cameras have been broken for ages..

Anyone know why ? Or whether they will ever work again ?

I did email the council to ask but they never bothered to answer.

It doesn't help that the Sheffield traffic cameras have been broken for ages..

Anyone know why ? Or whether they will ever work again ?

I did email the council to ask but they never bothered to answer.

They worked for me when I looked at the traffic near Meadowhall the other day?

Edit - just looked and they don't seem to work now (or rather they're from April). How random!