Newfield School - Good or bad?

are you talking about newfield school more like newfield prison.They have built a big steel fence round it to keep kids in at dinner. Then you ring up and ask to talk to teacher n its theyl ring you back and never do.It awaste of space in my eyes

i agree it's a crap school i have to go there in september james d

I think the Ofsted was being kind because there's new management. There are some brilliant teachers and some abyssmal teachers but mainly management and rubbish buildings has built up into demotivated staff, a lot of staff illnesses and no belief in themselves the children or the school. Don't blame Gleadless Valley. Cockburn always said that but I don't live in Gleadless Valley and my children also go to Newfield and the bullying they get and the abuse Mundella school gets from Newfield School hasn't involved pupils from Gleadless Valley. I'm sure there are some children from Gleadless that are badly behaved but it's not about one area. When the new school is built and the Ofsted measures for improvement take place Newfield will be unrecognisable. Incidentally Meadowhead children are far from perfect. One of my children went to Norton College for the day and was pelted by Meadowhead children. In any case all the schools in Sheffield are overcrowded so I don't think you have much choice of school unless you're in the catchement area.

get your facts right my son aint at newfield so there and is it me who as started these threads i dont think so you want to grow up

sorry i apologise then but did you remove him or did the school ?

Newfield is my actual catchment school and I had no problem with the possibility of my own kids attending there.... until......

1) My neighbour had so many problems with her daughter in year 7 which resulted in criminal damage to her private property and her daughter eventually having to move schools.

2)Overalll school results showing a decline.

3)My son actually decided and voiced to us that he DID NOT want to go there as he had heard various stories which had unsettled him.

He has now secured a place at Meadowhead and starts in September - I really hope he is happy and settles there. Time will tell!

:)

I live on Woodland Road near the school and see the kids coming and going. Most of them seem like any normal bunch of adolescents, and only averagely horrible (as kids all are at that age). There are some who are rude, destructive and violent however, but they seem to be a minority, as at most schools. That minority have "happy slapped" adult passers-by, damaged cars, thrown stones at people in their gardens, beat other kids up, dropped trails of litter all the way from the Derbyshire Lane shops and chucked dozens of stolen wheelie bins off the bridge into the woods below (not checking to see if anyone was on the path below either). Sounds bad? You'll get it at most schools. I know people who went to Newfield and whose kids go there, and it doesn't seem that bad.

I wonder if Minnieme is 'fatty's' mother???

wouldnt you like to know

HA! thought so.

al22, gabby - please leave your disagreements with minnime off the Forum.

If you have a problem with each other, resolve it privately, please.

Thanks,

Joe

Soz, JoeP:thumbsup:

soz joe i come on here to chat to people about things in general and they wont leave me alone:thumbsup:

I wonder if Minnieme is 'fatty's' mother???[/QUOT does it really matter id like to see you stand up and say who you are and your child but it takes guts