Sheffield from above - Drone footage videos

Afternoon all,

A friend of mine has starting a YouTube channel with his drone showing.. As you guess it.. Sheffield from above.

Here is one of the video's:

Has anyone got any ideas of locations or anything you would like to see? Any feedback would be great.

Rick

It's okay Rick, you're allowed to take owernship of your drone ;)

Wouldn't it be nice to see what Endcliffe Park looks like from the air?

Endcliffe Park was the [crash site] of an American B17 bomber during WW2. It suffered engine problems as it was flying over Sheffield and it crashed into Endliffe park.

So perhaps an aerial view of the park will give us an idea of what those pilots could see back in 1944.

Haha,

For once its not mine :) Its a friend of mine. To be honest, If i had that drone ill be showing everyone it :D

That's a great suggestion! I'll pass it on

Stanage edge on a bright but not sunny day would be great the sun/dark contrast spoiled the blackamoor one another tip don't go too high.

I was impressed with a drone video I saw on YouTube looking straight down on the whirlpool at Derwent Valley.

I have a feeling that you are not allowed to fly in Sheffield parks.

Afternoon all,

A friend of mine has starting a YouTube channel with his drone showing.. As you guess it.. Sheffield from above.

Has anyone got any ideas of locations or anything you would like to see? Any feedback would be great.

Rick

Anyone possessing the same amount of common sense as my goodself is certainly not going to be fooled by this video … no siree!

By careful measurement of the shadow cast by this ‘drone’, many highly complex mathematical calculations (including cosines, hippopotanuses and three dimensional calculus), I estimate the so called ‘drone’ to be sharing pretty much the same sort of airspace as the mothership in Independence Day!

Strange isn’t it, that a starship with an overall diameter of something akin to thirty kilometers hasn’t as yet been reported to the police, or even mentioned on this very forum … why?

Occam’s gentleman’s facial hair remover would suggest the aliens have now teamed up with the Klingons and can add ‘cloaking devices’ to their advanced apocalyptic technology.

‘What next?’ one asks ones self … is it safe to leave your cellars?

Considering all the Independence day ships were destroyed by Will Smith in 1996, one can only surmise that the species of this new kind of invisible ship, hell bent on the destruction of planet Earth and accompanying indigenous lifeforms, are going to start causing mayhem somewhere a little less 'blockbustery hit' than Washington where everyone (including the military and crop-dusters) have still got their beady eyes peeled skyward. Where better to start a sneaky planetary obliteration than Sheffield? It all makes sense.

Anyone possessing the same amount of common sense as my goodself is certainly not going to be fooled by this video … no siree!

By careful measurement of the shadow cast by this ‘drone’, many highly complex mathematical calculations (including cosines, hippopotanuses and three dimensional calculus), I estimate the so called ‘drone’ to be sharing pretty much the same sort of airspace as the mothership in Independence Day!

Strange isn’t it, that a starship with an overall diameter of something akin to thirty kilometers hasn’t as yet been reported to the police, or even mentioned on this very forum … why?

Occam’s gentleman’s facial hair remover would suggest the aliens have now teamed up with the Klingons and can add ‘cloaking devices’ to their advanced apocalyptic technology.

‘What next?’ one asks ones self … is it safe to leave your cellars?

Considering all the Independence day ships were destroyed by Will Smith in 1996, one can only surmise that the species of this new kind of invisible ship, hell bent on the destruction of planet Earth and accompanying indigenous lifeforms, are going to start causing mayhem somewhere a little less 'blockbustery hit' than Washington where everyone (including the military and crop-dusters) have still got their beady eyes peeled skyward. Where better to start a sneaky planetary obliteration than Sheffield? It all makes sense.

Well that's me running off and hiding int coil oil . Please bring supplies ( Caramac bars )

Afternoon all,

Rick

Very good, tell him to keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that you are not allowed to fly in Sheffield parks.

The bylaws restrict noisy model planes that have miniature combustion engines, but electric drones and electric RC planes are fine.

Drones may not be flown from or above Council land without permission granted by us.

That's just our Labour council making an ill-informed statement on their website.

Unless they enshrine that into their bylaws, it's nothing more than meaningless dribble.

SCC parks bylaws prohibit the flying of 'power-driven model aircraft' which they [sCC] define as "any model aircraft driven by the combustion of petrol vapour or other combustible substances" [source]

Airspace in the UK managed nationally by the Civil Aviation Authority and not by local authorities.