Grand Designs - Oughtibridge.

From the Clan McLoud presumably?

who ?????

he fell from the sky, probably ?

The whole thing is an eyesore, I cannot believe they were granted planning permission for something that looks so cheap and nasty and doesn't even remotely fit with the surroundings.

spot on mate me and the wife said exactly the same I live in oughtibridge and got refused for a bigger porch on my house stinks a little bit

The finished product was as per the original spec all be it a little over the unrealistic budget.

G Banks who were the first contractor clearly can't build a vertical block wall.

I agree with others, the final finish was a little 'cold' for my liking but great to see a couple of guys bending the conventional rules.

Great to hear 'Sheffield Steel' mentioned numerous times.

I thought it was a real positive for our great city.

I thought it used to be part off the premises of barber road transport who had a large haulage business up jaw bone hill just before the bridge on the right going up.

I thought it used to be part off the premises of barber road transport who had a large haulage business up jaw bone hill just before the bridge on the right going up.

It also belonged to Shepherds many years ago.

Yes it is an eyesore and does not blend in with the rest of the old buildings and again . . How did they ever get this passed?

I suppose the usual will happen, after a few years it will be put up for sale where they will make a collosal profit and Oughtibridge will be stuck with this monstrosity.

Watch this space.

The finished product was as per the original spec all be it a little over the unrealistic budget.

G Banks who were the first contractor clearly can't build a vertical block wall.

I agree with others, the final finish was a little 'cold' for my liking but great to see a couple of guys bending the conventional rules.

Great to hear 'Sheffield Steel' mentioned numerous times.

I thought it was a real positive for our great city.

I haven't seen the episode, what was the budget and how much did the plot cost?

I haven't seen the episode, what was the budget and how much did the plot cost?

The plot cost £130K and the build was £610K.

Total cost was 740K for one 4 bedroomed house and another 5 bedroomed house in three acres of land with a large millpond.

Those moaning about planning should remember that planning decisions are not made solely on whether you like it or not but on a whole lot of other reasons including allowing for innovative design which this certainly was.

Yes it is an eyesore and does not blend in with the rest of the old buildings and again . . How did they ever get this passed?

I suppose the usual will happen, after a few years it will be put up for sale where they will make a collosal profit and Oughtibridge will be stuck with this monstrosity.

Watch this space.

NIMBY?

God forbid anybody make a profit when risking their money!

I like it- it's different. Would you rather 6 identical Barratt boxes were crammed on site? The area is already a mish-mash of different built types so they fit in quite nicely

Does that happen? I thought the whole point of Grand Designs was for couples or families to build a house exactly to their requirements, and to live in it for years to come.

This one near me is still owned by the couple who built it, and it blends nicely in with the surroundings now.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-couple-appear-grand-designs-12217872

I wonder if they'll stay in it or decide it feels like living in a cold, bleak factory and decide to sell.