Two Oaks on the Rivelin trail

The allotments (on Hagg Hill side) were left to be derilict as from what i was told the council wanted to turn them into a golf course, this is now not going to happen and they are up for let again. Unfortunatley many have gone a bit beyond the derilict stage and have fairly big trees growing on them. It would be nice if they helped people start them up again and put them back into use. Marking them out properly would be useful start as there is no idea as to which is which anymore. The vandalism is still a problem though, and if you did anything about it you would be the one done for harming the vandals, as that is how it goes.

I think allotments are a lot better compliment to Rivelin than a golf course. Hopefully they will go back into use and not used for anything else.

About 4 years ago Me and a workmate decided to park up in the van at the bottom of Hagg Lane directly above the S bend to have our sandwiches and enjoy the view.

Sadly the only view we saw was the coming and going of men from the woodlands at either side of the road.

We were told later that we had parked in one of the most popular places for men to indulge in sexual activities in the woods and allotments.

What a sad carry on amidst all this natural beauty of this area.