Old pound coins

Poundland will accept the old pound coins until the end of October!

I saw that on the news. Good, clever thinking by Poundland.

I saw that on the news. Good, clever thinking by Poundland.

Good old Poundland!:thumbsup:

Can i change all my old pound coins at any bank and do i have to have the plastic bags to do it?

Can i change all my old pound coins at any bank and do i have to have the plastic bags to do it?

I was in the bank earlier, and an little old lady was asking this, and I'm sure the bank bloke told her she'd have to bag them up. But don't quote me on that, I was in a rush, and might have misheard.

I once read that legally shops are under no obligation to give change, they offer you goods at a price if you accept the offer they expect payment of that price.i know bus and taxi drivers will say sorry no change then its up to you to get off /out or let them off with it.

I once read that legally shops are under no obligation to give change, they offer you goods at a price if you accept the offer they expect payment of that price.i know bus and taxi drivers will say sorry no change then its up to you to get off /out or let them off with it.

I think your right about that. I got a bus change voucher, about a month ago. I've only just got rid of it.

Has anyone tried to change any old £1 coins recently ,if so how did you get on. Just found £180 worth in wardrobe I'd forgot about

Take it to the bank?

Not rocket science.

m is the mass of the rocket (including propellant), at stage (1)

me is the total mass of the rocket exhaust (that has already exited the rocket), at stage (1)

v is the velocity of the rocket, at stage (1)

Je is the linear momentum of the rocket exhaust (that has already exited the rocket), at stage (1). This remains constant between (1) and (2)

dme is the mass of rocket propellant that has exited the rocket (in the form of exhaust), between (1) and (2)

dv is the change in velocity of the rocket, between (1) and (2)

ve is the velocity of the exhaust exiting the rocket, at stage (2)

Note that all velocities are measured with respect to ground (an inertial reference frame).

Oh hang on, this is rocket science. Sorry.

What do I do if I think I have been given counterfeit coins?

Using counterfeit coins is illegal. If you have a counterfeit or suspect that a coin may be a counterfeit, please hand it in to your local police station."

If you are of limited income and receive a fake pound and hand it into the police are you refunded? If not can you seek address from the retailer you got it from? What if you had been in several shops that day and didn't know which retailer you got it from? If you cannot get redress have you technically been robbed?

There seems a lot of unanswered questions about all this.

---------- Post added 09-10-2017 at 03:59 ----------

Not a case of caveat emptor but of scrutinising every item of change at every transaction annoying the hell out of everybody in the queue and the retailer or end up with the possibility of subsequently, albeit innocently, performing an illegal act. I hope I am wrong about all this because it just doesn't feel right or well thought out. You could end up being the guilty party when surely it is the counterfeiter. Can you legally refuse to accept a coin that you only suspect is counterfeit?

Just throw it in the bin, its just a pound.