Do you live in Leadmill Court?

Right guys..

Im buying a flat in Leadmill Court so id like some opinions on what you think about the place. The service charge worth the money? Any other problems?

Do you enjoy it?

Any information whatsoever would be appreciated

Cheers

P.

I used to live in Leadmill Court with the girlfriend, but it was only rented.

Didn't have too many problems, was always clean enough. If you've got a car, you'll probably need a parking space though as when we left (May last year) the council were being right pains in the bum with parking on the roads around it.

Sometimes gets a bit noisey at about 2am with all the students, nothing major though!

I live in Leadmill Court and I really like it. We've had a small amount of problems, ie the lift breaking down, and the security gates sometimes stop working, but apart from that its a good place to live imo.

Like someone said it can be noisy, but not enough for it to be an issue. Parking is ridiculously expensive unless you have an allocated space.

I've just thought its probably worth mentioning, we live on the top floor. A friend lived on the ground floor and said the noise was awful.

I used to live in Leadmill Court with the girlfriend, but it was only rented.

Didn't have too many problems, was always clean enough. If you've got a car, you'll probably need a parking space though as when we left (May last year) the council were being right pains in the bum with parking on the roads around it.

Sometimes gets a bit noisey at about 2am with all the students, nothing major though!

Well to be fair ill normally be out and about at that time of the weekend anyway, but if im not ill be recovering so i tend to be very difficult to wake up, any other thoughts peeps?

If your a student n ur lookin for student accomodation Leadmill court is ok, but the best place i stayed in and ever visted (i visted em all) was definately Brammal Court

other than that -they're all good... except Norfolk Park - i never heard anyone say they actually like the student village up their - plus its out of the way of the city in comparison to the others.

If your a student n ur lookin for student accomodation Leadmill court is ok, but the best place i stayed in and ever visted (i visted em all) was definately Brammal Court

other than that -they're all good... except Norfolk Park - i never heard anyone say they actually like the student village up their - plus its out of the way of the city in comparison to the others.

Im not a student mate, but i think your mistakeing Leadmill Court for Leadmill Point chief!!

i used to live at leadmill court, but moved out about 18 months ago.

my only complaint was the noise, and we lived on the 'quiet' side.

if youre looking at a flat that overlooks leadmill street- get ready. buses, taxis, the leadmill, and leadmill point are really noisy.

the shoreham street side gets all the main road noise.

not sure about the side that overlooks liberty court and jacksons though.

i lived on the side that overlooked matilda lane and the garage door company. they open up at about 8, which was quite handy because when i overslept, they usually woke me up! lol but, at night, people walking down there was a bit of an issue. constant noise is ok, because you acclimatise to it, but the sporadic shouting and laughing was what stopped me sleeping if i hadnt drifted off by about 11.30 (pre 24hr licensing)

as for parking, wasnt an issue for me as i dont have a car. but my housemate did and our flat didnt have a space in the courtyard. he rented a space at the midland mainline station multi story carpark round the corner. it was something like 800 a year, but its manned 24hrs and all cctv'd up- he never had any problems with it.

the lifts never broke when i was there, mind you, we lived on the 1st floor, so they may have done and we wouldnt have known, but the front pedestrian gate did. security wise, it didnt bother me too much because all the entrances to the building are key pads, but cost wise, i was pretty conscious of what the repair costs might be doing to my rent due to the service charges.

overall though, great location, no issues about noise from the flats surrounding us (through wallings ceilings etc) and the shower was the best shower ive ever had the priviledge of using. would have been nice to have had a proper balcony though- but hey, its a small quibble.

eventually, the only reason i moved out was because my landlady put the rent up and my housemate was looking to buy a house so we both moved out within a month of each other. if i could have afforded it, i would probably still have been there now.

hope all that helped.

sophie

x

Thanks very much Sophie.

That helps alot, i think where the flat is, shouldnt be too much noise.

Can you remember what the service charge covers?

Thanks very much Sophie.

That helps alot, i think where the flat is, shouldnt be too much noise.

Can you remember what the service charge covers?

no probs.

urm, dunno about the service charges- it was just included in our rent. there was a cleaner who did the communal areas and janitor type bloke, who was really friendly.

i assume its upkeep of the communal areas (lights, cleaning, paintwork, etc), car park, the shrubs round the block, repairs (gates, lifts, locks) and the bin men. i think it was a private company not the council that collected the bins. i dont know if we ever had our windows washed- i was probably out at work if they ever did them.

im sure the estate agent should be able to provide you with a full break down.

best of luck, and i expect an invite to your housewarming if it all goes to plan! lol

sophie

x