Recommend A good vets ? (merged - vet mega thread!)

There's one on Handsworth Road that I would recommend. I know it's Sheffield but it's the right side of Rotherham and I trust them. Can't recall the name but they also have a branch in Dinnington. There's also one (unrelated) on Moorgate Road in Rotherham that I pass often.

Is your Brother's cat planning on being ill?

Crookes, Moorgate Rd, Rotherham 01709 373337

I've used Crookes for years,Suzanne is realy good, so is John and Grant.

where abouts in rotherham is he moving to? Arncliffe at wath which is in rotherham are very good and reasonable priced.

Crooks are an excellent vets. I've always been really pleased with both their service and their attitude.

Contrary to another post however, they're not on Moorgate, that would be Springfield's vets.

A Crooks & Partners

Easeholm Lodge

240 Wellgate

Rotherham

South Yorkshire

S60 2PA

01709 373337

A Crooks & Partners

Their name is rather apt in my experience.

After paying over £200 for treatment would you expect to pay another £17 if you wanted a copy of the prescription?

:suspect:

Springfields have a surgery in Rotherham, but I don't know their address.

Their name is rather apt in my experience.

After paying over £200 for treatment would you expect to pay another £17 if you wanted a copy of the prescription?

:suspect:

In my opinion (and our family has been with them for the last twenty years that I know of) they're a good set of guys who care about the animals that they treat. As far as I'm concerned, that's the main priority.

I can't comment on your particular situation because in all honesty I don't have enough knowledge of other vets charges, but I suspect they're not the only ones who financially exploit a situation for their own gain.

In a Utopia it would be nice if vets treated animals at cost, but it's a business and unfortunately I guess it has to run as such.

Have you tried writing to the Practice Manager and explaining your frustration? It might be worth a try?

Have you tried writing to the Practice Manager and explaining your frustration? It might be worth a try?

I asked to speak to the manager and pointed out that the extra cost was not only immoral but also illegal but I didn’t get any real answer.

Basically they can issue a prescription and then charge what they want for the medication knowing its Highly unlikely you are going to pay £17 for a prescription and then go somewhere else for the medication.

http://www.hyperdrug.com/products.asp?dept=174

I thought vets had different charges according to what sort of treatment was required (eg, a repeat visit for the same condition is often cheaper)

the consultation fee will also be calculated to account for medication prescribed, so yes, I'd expect there to be a fee involved in taking your business elsewhere

I think we had a thread on this at one time, but it may pre-date the pets group and be in sheffield chat or general discussion

Springfields have at least 2 surgeries in Rotherham - 1 at Moorgate (near rotherham Hospital) and the other is at Wickersley across from the Tanyard shopping centre. I use Springfields at Wickersley and have also used the Moorgate one. Both are very nice surgeries - the one at Moorgate is the largest. I highly recommend them to anyone as they have saved my dogs on 2 occassions. The first time was with a 4 week old Akita pup - my bitch had 13 pups and he was the runt. he had a problem with his eye so I took him to our local vets - Maltby Vetineray surgery and they made matters worse, they operated on his eye and he came home. A few hours later he was very ill and looked like he was fitting so we rushed him back but they said it was worms:loopy: so we took him to spingfields who said he may not make it as it looked like he had distemper. They kept him and made him better, he's now a big strong lad and the father to my current Akita bitch. The 2nd time was very recent with myspringer pup. I bought him from a farm and he devloped the runs the day after I got him. he was bleeding from the back end so I took him in and they sorted him out - turns out he had never been wormed and was very badly nfested even though the breeder stated he had been wormed every two weeks from 2 weeks of age. he had also eveloped a nasty gastro infection and had ear mites - he ended u costing me a fortune but it was orth it. Springfields are a little more expensive than others but its worth it because they are so good at what they do.