IOS 11 problems

Is anyone else having problems with websites freezing after downloading the latest IOS?

Downloaded it to my IPad yesterday and been having problems since.

Installed iOS 11.0.1 a few days ago and so far the iPad Air2 (using Safari) is OK. No problems so far.

Well mines IPad Air and I'm using Safari. It takes longer than usual to download a site then when it does it just freezes. I'll try a different search engine.

Thanks for your replies

Chrome on iOS is Safari, it just has Google's UI wrapped around it. The web page rendering engine is standard iOS WebKit, not the Chromium V8 renderer. The page loading performance will be identical for both.

Chrome on iOS is Safari, it just has Google's UI wrapped around it. The web page rendering engine is standard iOS WebKit, not the Chromium V8 renderer. The page loading performance will be identical for both.

Nope. Safari was having problems with Sheffield Forum and other sites I changed to Chrome and these problems immediately went away, I subsequently accidentally used Safari again and they came back, went back to Chrome and all was well again.

Don't really understand the computer terminology. All I can say is that exactly the same happened for me.

On advice from here I downloaded Chrome and the problem disappeared. However since then they've issued a patch and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Key Flicks is a new feature on iOS11. Unfortunately it is proving to be a nuisance for some as it is easy to type numbers instead of the letter that you wanted. The feature is on by default but can be turned off as follows:

Settings

General

Keyboard

Enable Key Flicks - turn off

The keyboard will now be returned to normal.

iOS11 has made my iPhone 6 run noticeably slower. Actions that happened instantly (opening the camera app from the lock screen, taking a photo, taking a screenshot, opening an app etc) now take several seconds.

But it has fixed the same problem on my iPhone 6S+, which now responds immediately instead of hanging :huh:

iOS11 has made my iPhone 6 run noticeably slower. Actions that happened instantly (opening the camera app from the lock screen, taking a photo, taking a screenshot, opening an app etc) now take several seconds.

But it has fixed the same problem on my iPhone 6S+, which now responds immediately instead of hanging :huh:

One could argue that iOS updates are a 'backdoor' to 'product [RE-]placement' :hihi: