Has anyone here met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp or know him?

The entirety of pulp where at a pub in Sheffield having a beer. I upset Jarvis' mate (a well known Sheffield artist), by singing over the top of him whilst he was trying to play sing/play the guitar in the beer garden. It was my 36th birthday, a long time ago now :(. The Sheffield artist threatened to kill me if I continued to provide harmonious backing. Then later mistaken me for my brother and continued arguing at the bar about the incident.

Jarvis had two minders with him who did not intervene in the commotion with his friend and my brother. Jarvis carried on engaging in intellectual conversation oblivious to what was happening.

My best mate who was there ran out of the pub and was half way to West Bar. I ran out the door leaving my brother giving it mouth. My mate had shot off because he'd recognised what he thought were some bad lads in with the entourage.

I wonder if Jarvis ever turned the incident into another song about Sheffield?

Edited by rollwithit

I slept two beds away from him at Max Richter's overnight 'Sleep' concert in London last year.

He was very friendly and I felt kind of sorry for him because he clearly wanted to enjoy the concert in peace but wasn't willing to tell people to leave him alone.

That's cool! Ive heard about those shows.

Jarvis did a segment about Max for it on his radio show.

---------- Post added 31-01-2018 at 19:57 ----------

The entirety of pulp where at a pub in Sheffield having a beer. I upset Jarvis' mate (a well known Sheffield artist), by singing over the top of him whilst he was trying to play sing/play the guitar in the beer garden. It was my 36th birthday, a long time ago now :(. The Sheffield artist threatened to kill me if I continued to provide harmonious backing. Then later mistaken me for my brother and continued arguing at the bar about the incident.

Jarvis had two minders with him who did not intervene in the commotion with his friend and my brother. Jarvis carried on engaging in intellectual conversation oblivious to what was happening.

My best mate who was there ran out of the pub and was half way to West Bar. I ran out the door leaving my brother giving it mouth. My mate had shot off because he'd recognised what he thought were some bad lads in with the entourage.

I wonder if Jarvis ever turned the incident into another song about Sheffield?

What in the world?! Was it Hawley by any chance? :hihi:

That's a funny one.

---------- Post added 31-01-2018 at 20:00 ----------

He sat next to my husband's cousin in geography at City school, and my husband's uncle drummed with one of his school bands and even had a tape recording of them. Nice bloke by all accounts.

Lucky! He might be mentioned on the Pulp Wikipedia history page, if he regularly played with them. Give it a look.

That's cool! Ive heard about those shows.

Jarvis did a segment about Max for it on his radio show.

---------- Post added 31-01-2018 at 19:57 ----------

What in the world?! Was it Hawley by any chance? :hihi:

That's a funny one.

---------- Post added 31-01-2018 at 20:00 ----------

Lucky! He might be mentioned on the Pulp Wikipedia history page, if he regularly played with them. Give it a look.

Sorry, I am unable to confirm who the artist was due to the harm a rock and roll lifestyle may do to his Hilly Billy career.

But my mate thought he recognised two of the men as big time Sheffield car dealers. I thought they were just Jarvis' heavy's.

Anyone going to see Jarvis and pulps drummer Nick's new band perform at the save Sheffield trees event this week?

He used to live across from the Ball Inn at Intake. Apparently he was a bugger for taking gadgets (Walkman's, radios apart), think his Grandad owned a Woodyard/Ironmongery across the road Hoylands. He was a nerdy kid but ok!

Cool!

Oh. And if anyone is interested..he announced on his instagram he's got some big announcement Tuesday. Probably a new album. Who knows?

Cool!

Oh. And if anyone is interested..he announced on his instagram he's got some big announcement Tuesday. Probably a new album. Who knows?

Its a series of tour dates inc two at Peak Cavern (Devil's Arse) in April - got my ticket and can't wait.

My band played at his 40th birthday party on a boat going up and down the Thames, it was a boozy and quite raucous party with a few comatose people at the end of the night but Jarvis was an absolute gentleman, totally down to Earth! He asked us to do a "Nautical but Nice" medley of songs including Smoke on the Water and We are Sailing.

I can't lay claim to knowing Jarvis, but I knew his grandparents, mother and her late brother. I worked at Intake in about 1961(?) I was very sweet on John Hoyland (Jarvis's Uncle) and a past boyfriends aunt and uncle were very great friends with the parents of Jarvis's dad, Mac Cocker........Think Mac had a sister called Auriel?.. All Many years ago.

Checking back in to see if anyone's attended or will be attending the recent mini tour?

Edited by Friedshrooms

Checking back in to see if anyone's attended or will be attending the recent mini tour?

I'll be attending at Peak Cavern on Friday, I think the tours only just started to be fair.