Has anyone here met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp or know him?

I saw him once in Paris donkeys years ago. Didn’t approach him as he had his son with him and I don’t think it’s fair to interrupt kids time with their parents just because they’re famous. He had a baguette and a bottle of wine and his son was in a vintage pram. Met him once in London at the Astoria where I checked his coat in, nice guy to chat to. My Dad worked for the London Institute which St Martins is part of and remembers him as a well liked student.

Funnily enough I’ve never met him in Sheffield or met anybody who has, which is weird seeing as we’re both from here.

Guest makapaka
Anyone go to the shows????? Or the Tree Felling protest?

I did it was fantastic.

The venue was superb - had a great day / night.

I did it was fantastic.

I’ve seen a fair few things in there in the last few years. It is a great venue.

Jarvis worked very well because it was all standing. Sometimes, when they put seats in, viewing can be difficult.

Never a problem seeing Jarvis though:D

He popped into the Dove and Rainbow once for a half of Guinness, sat by himself. Only time I have ever seen him

My old next door neighbour married his mum. Apparently his step dad used to rig the house up with speakers and play pulp whenever Jarvis was round.

As for the talk about him moving to London... He moved there to study before Pulp got big.

Keep the stories coming! :)

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 06:29 ----------

I did it was fantastic.

How did you like the new songs?

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 06:30 ----------

My old next door neighbour married his mum. Apparently his step dad used to rig the house up with speakers and play pulp whenever Jarvis was round.

As for the talk about him moving to London... He moved there to study before Pulp got big.

Yeah he moved there for film school.

Did his step dad do it to tease jarvis or ? Lol

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 06:31 ----------

I’ve seen a fair few things in there in the last few years. It is a great venue.

Jarvis worked very well because it was all standing. Sometimes, when they put seats in, viewing can be difficult.

Never a problem seeing Jarvis though:D

Which venue

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 06:33 ----------

My band played at his 40th birthday party on a boat going up and down the Thames, it was a boozy and quite raucous party with a few comatose people at the end of the night but Jarvis was an absolute gentleman, totally down to Earth! He asked us to do a "Nautical but Nice" medley of songs including Smoke on the Water and We are Sailing.

That is REALLY cool!!! Any pics from it?? How did you get offered to play the party?!

Keep the stories coming! :)

---------- Post added 22-04-2018 at 06:30 ----------

Yeah he moved there for film school.

Did his step dad do it to tease jarvis or ? Lol

nah, i think he was just "celebrating" his success. i think his step dad was something to do with technical at Hallam FM. he was when he lived next door to us

Cool

I know nothing about his step dad.

They seem like a fun family, though.

My husband has and drank with him in The Green Dragon Pub, Dronfield some years ago. He said he wa really lovely and was buying drinks for them all the time he was there. Jarvis is from Manor Top in Sheffield. I heard he used to drink in the socials club on City Road.  I don't know of that is correct though. I used to drink in those clubs years ago and never ever saw him though. Just my luck haha. :)