Has anyone here met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp or know him?

Rather not say .. but he and others arestill in Sheffield or in the North. most of the top Manchester musicians are still up North..

Why move to London .. ..

I don't want his exact address.:hihi:

Just which area in Sheffield.

Jarvis does live in the Peak District, I'm not going to say where. A friend of mine knows him quite well and I have met him on a few occasions. He's just a normal down to earth bloke really.

Adapted Peter Kay line: Mr. Sheffield himself ........ all the way from London.

Says it all.

Common People ...... he's a luvvie, exploited an opportunity and made money out of it.

All of which removed him from the common people.

Not true. Blair wanted him to be a 'Luvvie for Labour' and was told to get stuffed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/4714379/Jarvis-was-a-wonderful-mistake.html

More convenient for work? Friends there? Fancied a change?

Or maybe one of the other multitude of reasons people decide to change areas, whether theyre famous or not.

There's a brain drain ..economic reasons .. that forces northerners previously Scots and irish etc to move to the South ..

That's the main reason..i doubt anyone would move to the South for the weather or the friendly folk... Its economic ...

I walked into Fagans sometime last year and he was sat with Richard Hawley. Nobody hassled them and they just looked like two blokes having a catch up.

I walked into Fagans sometime last year and he was sat with Richard Hawley. Nobody hassled them and they just looked like two blokes having a catch up.

I wonder if that's where Pete McKee got the inspiration from for this picture he did?:)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pete+mckee+richard+hawley&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjls-P_tdHWAhWRLVAKHelMBIUQsAQILA&biw=1517&bih=735#imgrc=80_NZXZ6usbzlM:

Rather not say .. but he and others arestill in Sheffield or in the North. most of the top Manchester musicians are still up North..

Why move to London .. ..

Why move to Zurich?

careful, I said that about whoever the lead singer was of the artic monkeys, and goodness I had a rentamob outside the front door demanding I be evicted into the street :roll:

[/QUO

Good job I have two dogs for protection, great for biting ankles of the great unwashed.

Angel1.

I don't know him personally but he went to my school. He is way older than me buy a mile but I used to see photos of him in the school hall.

I went to the city school.

Which is exactly what they were!.......unless you are caught up in celebrity worship!

He was in my year at school and was on the edge then everyone new him as an extrovert both in attitude and dress sense hence he was bullied .I as i remember pulp or Arabacus pulp as i think they were called then was formed at that school.They gigged at least once in the school, i can remember the posters up around the place. A friend of mine who played guitar was involved from the early days and maybe another class mate that played keyboards but not 100% sure on that.

I once met him at a party a few years after they had had some success it was at the next door neighbours to his sisters who i believe married one of the band members ,he was dressed in his usual own style and was really relaxed and friendly ....i had a few words with him about City school but he could not remember me or the snow ball i lobbed at him outside the assembly Hall !

Which is exactly what they were!.......unless you are caught up in celebrity worship!

I most certainly wasn't. I've yet to meet anyone who I feel the need to fawn over. I was stood behind Rob Brydon on Saturday whilst putting the lottery on opposite the town hall, he got a double take but only because I recognised him and thought I knew him before the penny dropped.