Local Authority search

Not sure what to do, having paid fro a local Authority search, My solicitor has sent me a letter saying 4 other searches have been flagged, via teh Property search group, they are

Ground Stability

Ground sure flood search

Energy Exploration, Fracking serach

Ground sure planning search

I thought thats why I paid for the original search to find these things out??...

each search is about 25 pounds.

Common sense says the house is close to the river Loxley, so sure its a possibility, Stability,the survey came back OK, energy exploration, i dont think they are going to start drilling fracking wells in the middle of Hillsborough anytime soon.......and the planning search, anything would surly show up in the vendors SPIF surely.

not sure if its just a grab for more money or not...any advice apprecaited

Yes, your solicitor makes a search to find out about potential property problems. Search agencies often recommend extra searches appropriate to the property's location. So that's the case here, it seems. Each search targets something different.

A COM29M Coalmining search is essential in most of SCC's area.

A Flood Risk search and a Ground Stability search are self-explanatory; they relate to what happened previously.

A Panning search will show not only existing planning permissions but also others e.g. applications pending.

Better be safe than live to regret saving £25 only to face a property downvalued by £000s!

Thk Jeff, thats my point, "Yes, your solicitor makes a search to find out about potential property problems"...so why aren't these "potential" problems included in the result of the first search, the one Ive paid for already, it makes no sense, what did i get for my money in the first one, just to pay for them to note 4 potential problems, and be invited to pay more, to find out what they are.....aren't I as a consumer, after being asked for payment of a search, entitled to a search....its madness, what search service have i already paid then...Id like to know.

Insurance companies are smart folk, when it comes to £, if their were any potential problems , im guessing they would be first to know, and hick up quotes, commonsense, and two very reasonable insurance quotes, tell me these searches are a waste of money.

---------- Post added 01-10-2017 at 16:33 ----------

Ps its 4 X 25 a search

---------- Post added 01-10-2017 at 17:03 ----------

Jeff, shame I cant insert anm Image into this post, but just did my own coal mine and hazard search, on the online ordinance gov.uk maps, and interplayed them,on PS, I see what you mean, interesting , but Hillsborough centre all clear..25 saved, Ill try the next one, ground stability, but surely linked to mines etc.

Thk Jeff, thats my point, "Yes, your solicitor makes a search to find out about potential property problems"...so why aren't these "potential" problems included in the result of the first search, the one Ive paid for already, it makes no sense, what did i get for my money in the first one, just to pay for them to note 4 potential problems, and be invited to pay more, to find out what they are.....aren't I as a consumer, after being asked for payment of a search, entitled to a search....its madness, what search service have i already paid then...Id like to know.

Simple: each search relates to a different aspect of the property.

A Local Authority Search (LLC1)/Enquiries (CON29R) reveals only information held by the Local Authority- not by other bodies such as Coal Authority, Drainage/Water company, etc.