Travelling to Norfolk.

Hello folks.

I am soon to journey down to the Norfolk Broads for a break. Although I have done the journey numerous times in the distant past, I have no idea what delights the A17/A47 route holds these days.

Has anyone any info about decent rest stops along the route, places/things to avoid, etc.?

Any input appreciated. Thanks.

They've been putting in alot of Dual-carriageways in that area, it's DC all the way from Cambridge to Norfolk now along the A11, not sure if the Kings Lynn->Norfolk A47 has been done yet?

I drive down to Norfolk quite a few times in fact i will be on saturday.I always stop at a cafe at fleet hargate on the A17,there is the farm shop cafe on the left and a cafe on the right which has a couple of military vehicles at the front in the car park and believe it or not a Hawker Hunter fighter jet.I prefer the one on the right which seems to serve nicer food than the other one.The journey is quite a pleasant drive especially has you are able to avoid Kings Lynn and Norwich nowadays.

Thanks for the info, guys. Area 51, am I to assume from your reply that Kings Lynn and Norwich are now bypassed?

If you're going to the Broads from Sheffield area, this is your most straightforward route:

A1 to Sleaford

A17 to Kings Lynn bypass

A47 towards Yarmouth bypassing Norwich

At Trowse (which is south of Norwich) follow sign for "The Broads"

There are plenty of McDonalds en-route, haven't tried the café suggested by "area 51".

We travel this route frequently.

Regards

Duffems

Thank you for that info, Duffems, and also your P.M. Most helpful.

Thanks for the info, guys. Area 51, am I to assume from your reply that Kings Lynn and Norwich are now bypassed?

Yes,i take the same route has duffems has described.Enjoy your break at the Broads,i am looking forward to mine as well.The weathers looking alright as well.:thumbsup:

Did'nt know the A1 went to sleaford.

Correction but, stating the obvious:

A1 from Worksop to Newark

A17 Newark to Sleaford then continue.

Regards,

Duffems