Liz Dawn aka"Vera Duckworth" died

I think this was one of the most moving scenes I've ever seen in that soap:

Ta-ra chuck, thanks for the memories. RIP.

Great actress especially when teamed with her screen husband Jack Duckworth.

I worked with her many times in my younger drumming days. She once turned up wearing hot pants.....thats how long ago..lol...A genuinely nice person. I remember her being thrilled at her first TV appearance, she said to look out for her in an advert for Cadburys Cookies. For those who remember, she was using the cookies to tempt a little lad who was hiding under the bed, " Come on... every goalkeeper lets one in sometimes"

I think this was one of the most moving scenes I've ever seen in that soap:

just watched that and cried , because Jack and Vera remind me of my mam and dad ( who fortunately are still with us )

She played Vera Duckworth brilliantly over the years.

RIP

I worked with her many times in my younger drumming days. She once turned up wearing hot pants.....thats how long ago..lol...A genuinely nice person. I remember her being thrilled at her first TV appearance, she said to look out for her in an advert for Cadburys Cookies. For those who remember, she was using the cookies to tempt a little lad who was hiding under the bed, " Come on... every goalkeeper lets one in sometimes"

Cracking post :thumbsup: