Blades opinions on this

.. just remembered..

That day at Old Trafford, the whole Stretford End chanting..

"Hockey is a werewolf! Hockey is a werewolf!"

Richard

.. just remembered..

That day at Old Trafford, the whole Stretford End chanting..

"Hockey is a werewolf! Hockey is a werewolf!"

Richard

And knowing Hockey as he was he would have loved that banter.

Not sure how many of you know this but Hockey was also a talented drummer.

Here he is battling it out with another drummer with inevitable results.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj49Oyx88LWAhWrBcAKHaadBkwQtwIIMzAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3AZz9TSjZCM&usg=AFQjCNEanAT3YWqN_BseBeftTKbgFyVrwg

Not sure about the hair dye job, but I suppose that's rock and roll for you!

Not sure how many of you know this but Hockey was also a talented drummer.

Here he is battling it out with another drummer with inevitable results.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj49Oyx88LWAhWrBcAKHaadBkwQtwIIMzAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3AZz9TSjZCM&usg=AFQjCNEanAT3YWqN_BseBeftTKbgFyVrwg

Not sure about the hair dye job, but I suppose that's rock and roll for you!

Thats not Hockey he is to good looking for it to be hockey.Jocking apart I do believe he did play the piano .

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 14:25 ----------

Thats not Hockey he is to good looking for it to be hockey.Jocking apart I do believe he did play the piano .

i ment joking .

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 14:25 ----------

i ment joking .

For a moment I thought you were saying he was a Scotsman, but as we all know he was a Welsh Wizard, in addition to being one of the Red and White Wizzzaaaarrrrds! :D

Well thanks for putting me right on T C s price .I thought it was a bit high for John Harris to pay so much after all he was Scottish.Trevor Hockey was a great character with his furry car and his looks.I think he used to scare the opposition with his looks.I do not think he would last 90 mins today on the pitch he was a little terrier .When the opposition saw him coming for them for the ball they used to just give it to him I think .When you got tackled by Hockey you knew for a couple of days later who had tackled you.Did a great job for the Blades.

Forgot about the furry car!, Didn't Hockey die after playing 5a side when he was in his 40s, knew he played for Wales but he was English by birth

As per the sticky in this area:

Please do not refer to the Sheffield teams as: Blunts, Fowls, Pigs etc. All this does is to stir up ill feeling and it adds nothing to the discussions. Use of these names, or similar ones will lead to the suspension of accounts.

Posts have been removed for this and quoting. Any further and the suspension part will come into play.

Ho no I have been in love with my team a lot longer than that. At least 65 years so I remember a lot more derby wins than the one on Sunday.

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 16:52 ----------

Same here, taken to the Lane by my dad to " see Hagan play ".

You have to laugh at some Wednesday fans high opinion of their own self importance in the scheme of things though.

We're suddenly back in love with our club after beating them, it's all about them.

This after winning a divisional title by 14 clear points and achieving 100 points in the process.

Like you the Blades are and always will be my team, come what may.

Sunday was good because it made all the ' pub team ' jibes and assurances about how hard it was going to be for us in the Championship look like the nonsense they were.

Looks like we were all at that Old Traffford game.

One season Birminghams first match after promotion was home against the Blades. As an ex Brum player the home crowd were singing " Hockey is a wearwolf", until he started conducting them, he got the treatment everywhere so he was used to it, and as soon as he did that he won the crowd over. In all seriousness he would probably have been booked today for "inciting the crowd" who today would have become snarling and aggressive.

He scored the winner that day from 25 yards

That team brings back a lot of memories....

My Dad got given 2 tickets for Hillsborough one time and they were playing Birmingham City. A certain T Hockey got himself sent off that day.. and we both thought he was the dirtiest player we ever saw (closely followed by Huddersfields Geoff Hutt)... imagine our disgust when United signed him! Possibly the best signing Harris ever made.

Similarly, my Dad came home one day and said we have signed a "crock". Eddie Colquhoun was always injured and we had seen him playing for West Brom and looking a complete donkey....

.. and the rest is history.

Richard

Trevor Hockey was a reasonable signing and a player easy to forget I was at Old Trafford that day John Harris was a master at finding talent Tony Currie the best player in my time at the Lane must be the best signing ever.