Appalling behaviour by football fans

This is why I do not take my family to a football match..I understand the Passion people have for football but I would not want my children witnessing the kind of behavior that has been Demonstrated today.makes a total mockery of the game!!

Hillsborough was full of loutish and drunk supporters earlier - from both sides. There was a lot of mess left by fans - glass, cans, vomit, takeaway wrappers. I witnessed flares being let off in the street, trams and buses unable to move due to idiots in the road. Awful language from both sides. My son reported that the city centre and around Bramall Road was even worse with police being abused and spat at and fires being started in the road. Not a good advertisment for parents of new students and those visiting for the 10K.

When are the clubs going to take proper responsibility for their fans? They let the rest of the city down.

yet again some twit knows nothing i think the people on thread have told you what happened

I think it's to be expected .. maybe it shouldn't be played on the day of rest ... play it on Saturday in future at 3..

yet again some twit knows nothing i think the people on thread have told you what happened

Doesn't explain the majority of what I witnessed today. I think you might need to explain what letting off flares in a crowded street has to do with a tram. Just dangerous.

Football fans who cause trouble have one thing in common.....when they are on their own they are quiet.

All the noise and bravado comes when they have a gang of mates with them .....who are also a bit thick.

I was down Hillsborough at 1 o'clockish - usual intimidating behaviour by small minority of football 'fans' who like to give others a bad name. Two things that especially annoyed me - why did pubs open at 10am - asking for trouble! And poor police horses shouldn't be put through that aggro - at least police have a choice in the matter. Yes I know they're 'trained for it' etc etc but that doesn't make it right.

Decent human social behaviour? or are you saying that is manageable by the cleaning rats but beyond football supporters?

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 20:51 ----------

No Football = antisocial business

There's more respect in war

We know what football matches have been like for at least the last 50 years - and so do the police.

I wrote a long reply last night explaining what happened down in Hillsborough, but by the time I had finished it my session on the forum had timed out, and when I logged back on the reply had been wiped.

So I give up!

Just ban the (beautiful) game. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Angel1.

I was down Hillsborough at 1 o'clockish - usual intimidating behaviour by small minority of football 'fans' who like to give others a bad name. Two things that especially annoyed me - why did pubs open at 10am - asking for trouble! And poor police horses shouldn't be put through that aggro - at least police have a choice in the matter. Yes I know they're 'trained for it' etc etc but that doesn't make it right.

A lot of police horses get injured during football matches. These troublemakers at the matches throw bottles and stones, which can cause injuries to the horses.

If a policeman gets injured he can put in a compensation claim, the horse can't.

You are right about the pubs opening so early, it is asking for trouble.

I actually think having an early kick off can be counter productive as the troublemakers start drinking earlier so have more time to drink and cause trouble later in the day.

Guest makapaka
A lot of police horses get injured during football matches. These troublemakers at the matches throw bottles and stones, which can cause injuries to the horses.

If a policeman gets injured he can put in a compensation claim, the horse can't.

You are right about the pubs opening so early, it is asking for trouble.

What would the horse do with the money anyway? :hihi: