Appalling behaviour by football fans

Hillsborough was full of loutish and drunk supporters earlier - from both sides. There was a lot of mess left by fans - glass, cans, vomit, takeaway wrappers. I witnessed flares being let off in the street, trams and buses unable to move due to idiots in the road. Awful language from both sides. My son reported that the city centre and around Bramall Road was even worse with police being abused and spat at and fires being started in the road. Not a good advertisment for parents of new students and those visiting for the 10K.

When are the clubs going to take proper responsibility for their fans? They let the rest of the city down.

Hillsborough was full of loutish and drunk supporters earlier - from both sides. There was a lot of mess left by fans - glass, cans, vomit, takeaway wrappers. I witnessed flares being let off in the street, trams and buses unable to move due to idiots in the road. Awful language from both sides. My son reported that the city centre and around Bramall Road was even worse with police being abused and spat at and fires being started in the road. Not a good advertisment for parents of new students and those visiting for the 10K.

When are the clubs going to take proper responsibility for their fans? They let the rest of the city down.

The police inflamed the situation. They held the football special trams (for little reason) which had several hundred Blades fans on. The trams were hot, sweaty and very uncomfortable. A woman fainted at the back of one of the trams, so somebody pulled the emergency door release and the fans all got off the tram. The police then corralled them, before forcing them back onto the tram. They then held the tram again and the situation repeated itself. In the process the tram got damaged.

Had they just let the trams go through Hillsborough, the fans would have been dropped off at Leppings Lane quickly and without trouble.

At the end of the game when the fans just got on the tram there were very few problems.

Having seen it from the viewpoint I did, I would have said it was the appalling behaviour of the police and their decisions which caused all the trouble prior to the match.

Its not the clubs fault so I don't see what they can do about it.

If this fixture can not be held without heavy police presence and mayhem on the streets then perhaps the fixture should take place without fans and at a neutral venue not be disclosed beforehand.

Its not the clubs fault so I don't see what they can do about it.

If this fixture can not be held without heavy police presence and mayhem on the streets then perhaps the fixture should take place without fans and at a neutral venue not be disclosed beforehand.

See above re police!

It's a football match, not the Chelsea flower show. What else do you expect?

Went to mo's earlier the state of penistone road is disgusting, no other event could get away with it. Its an embarrassment, the club have always shown they don't give a **** about the local area but the councils attitude to letting them get away with it can only be described as corrupt.

If the ground won't clean up their crap then the council should do it and take the ground to court for costs plus some for good measure. They won't perhaps frightened of losing free season tickets.

Several gerations of my family have lived here for many years, even during the violence of the seventies the area and its residents wasn't treated with such disrespect as it gets now.

The only things cleaning up around here are the rats, puts the club and council people into context.

Football = war

Decent human social behaviour? or are you saying that is manageable by the cleaning rats but beyond football supporters?

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 20:51 ----------

Football = war

No Football = antisocial business

There's more respect in war

The police inflamed the situation.

Yeh, it was all the fault of the police!!:confused:

How can being held on a tram be an excuse for anyone to misbehave, commit damage or cause trouble? Ive been on trams when they've stopped for quite a while due to a blockage in the road and at no tine did I feel the need to behave as the fans did. If someone causes intentional damage or public nuicence then they are the ones to blame, not others.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

The police inflamed the situation. They held the football special trams (for little reason) which had several hundred Blades fans on. The trams were hot, sweaty and very uncomfortable. A woman fainted at the back of one of the trams, so somebody pulled the emergency door release and the fans all got off the tram. The police then corralled them, before forcing them back onto the tram. They then held the tram again and the situation repeated itself. In the process the tram got damaged.

Had they just let the trams go through Hillsborough, the fans would have been dropped off at Leppings Lane quickly and without trouble.

At the end of the game when the fans just got on the tram there were very few problems.

Having seen it from the viewpoint I did, I would have said it was the appalling behaviour of the police and their decisions which caused all the trouble prior to the match.

How did the tram get damaged "in the process"? Who caused the damage - the police ??

It always has to be someone else's fault doesn't it - why can't people who attend these events behave themselves properly or at the very least make an attempt at behaving.

There was some 'hooha' at the bottom of London Road this afternoon. 40+ football fans sprawled out on the street and into the road. They were stopping cars from passing through and banging on them. I should imagine there'll be a few thick heads tomorrow!

65 years a BLADE !

Stayed in the safety of my home today, no trouble at all with misbehaving football fans in my back garden !

Now come on, did some of you think that the day would go without incidents around misbehaving fans.

That often silly editor of the Sheffield Star ought to know better when asking for folks to behave.