Northern Soul

Are any of the subscribers to Sheffield Forum in to Northern Soul and if so can you recommend any local events?

I think they still have a northern soul night at the Bar Abbey under the old Abbeydale picture palace on Abbeydale Road S7. I have only been a couple of times, last time was almost a year ago. Usually held every other Saturday. If I find out more I'll post it on here.

Didn't they used to have an event at the City Hall, plus there is also "Brighton Beach" which is held there, kinda similar! :oops:

is that to do with the jazz dancers? i saw some amazing moves at the southport weekender a couple of years ago - they have a whole part of the festival devoted to northern soul.

City Limits Dance Centre Friday evening once a month, top gig

Guest sibon
I think they still have a northern soul night at the Bar Abbey under the old Abbeydale picture palace on Abbeydale Road S7. I have only been a couple of times, last time was almost a year ago. Usually held every other Saturday. If I find out more I'll post it on here.

They do indeed. The second Saturday of the month is Northern Soul night. Get on your dancing shoes this weekend.

Listern to Steve White on Radio Sheffield, Wednesday nights 7 - 10, he gives out all the local events and plays Northen Soul and Motown. You can listern again on the Radio Sheffield web page.

we've got a northern soul night on tuesdy 18th August at Mentholmans@West St Live.

I think they have one at the earl on queens road, they used to anyway.

theres one coming up at niagra, the police sports and social club