Model shops sheffield city centre

Hi can i ask are there any model shops left in sheffield city centre i understand antics has shut down which is a shame as it was a good shop is the only shop in sheffield http://www.marcway.net/ or are there others were i can get 1/35 model kits???

Gullivers? aka Sheffield Transport Models....

Hah, we know it affectionately as Olivander's. No 1/35 stuff there though I don't think. In fact I don't think he stocks any kits now other than model railway ones. He always used to have a few Revell and Airfix bits stashed at the back right corner of the place but not seen any in for a while.

Marcway is about the only place for 1/35 stuff now, although Wargames Emporium in Orchard Sq actually have a fairly decent if slightly limited selection of Tamiya and Italeri armour.

There is also Hobbycraft if you fancy venturing out a bit further, again they do seem to have a decent Tamiya stock.

Edited by Locksley

The last model shop I saw was on fire with flames leaping eighteen inches into the air! Sorry.

The last model shop I saw was on fire with flames leaping eighteen inches into the air! Sorry.

Where and when was this ?

There is a toy fair at Elsecar Heritage Centre in October also at Doncaster Race Course on the 28th October this is a big one and there is usually some one selling kit's. :)

I think its quite sad that model stores are so thin on the ground as it is a great hobby.I can only think of Marcways as well and if you want rc then you have to go to todwick or barbot hall in rotherham.I still love my modelling even at middle age but i am afraid to say that i now buy all my kits from Amazon as they have the best selection.You cant even get a model kit at Meadowhall anymore.I still miss Redgates and Beatties.:sad:

I think its quite sad that model stores are so thin on the ground as it is a great hobby.I can only think of Marcways as well and if you want rc then you have to go to todwick.:sad:

I think you mean... model basement at Kiveton park, plenty of Tamiya kits, paints and tools....as mentioned by Sneakerfreak :)

theres one on attercliffe road just around the corner from staniforth rd nice place was in there not long ago

theres one on attercliffe road just around the corner from staniforth rd nice place was in there not long ago

Hi,

Do they do RC cars or just trains?

Thanks

Hi can i ask are there any model shops left in sheffield city centre i understand antics has shut down which is a shame as it was a good shop is the only shop in sheffield http://www.marcway.net/ or are there others were i can get 1/35 model kits???

I'm not sure if this is what you're after but how about Rails on Chesterfield Road at Meersbrook?

https://railsofsheffield.com/