Where can I park??

:help:Hoping somebody can help me as to where I can park to get the tram into Sheffield for uni.

For the past three years, since September 2014 whilst living in Rotherham i've parked at valley entertainment and used to tram to get into uni (even if I didn't park in a designated park and ride space I never got a fine) .However since working on a placement for a year i've come back to sheffield and found I can no longer park there without getting a ticket. All of the park and ride spaces are full by the time I get there. And to top it off i've already bought my annual tram pass for £275 for the year.

I've explored other options but to no avail:

-Meadowhall Interchange Park and Ride- Full by 8am

-Meadowhall Shopping Centre- for customers only, potential fines

-Meadowhall Retail Park- fines after parking for few hours

-Nunnery Square- can't pay for parking separately and i've already bought my tram ticket

-Other park and rides- too far, might aswell drive all the way into sheffield centre

So, does anyone know of anywhere I can park to catch the tram where theres spaces and I don't have to pay £10 a day for the privilege or risk getting a fine.

If not I'm thinking my only option is to write to whoever I need to asking if they can refund my ticket due to no adequate parking being available and then either use Nunnery square or just drive into sheffield and pay for parking.

Please help :(

:confused::confused::confused:

There's places in S6 near the tram route to the uni but this might too roundabout a journey for you due to your Location.

could anybody confirm this please ?

I’ve seen the odd dodgy-looking car get clamped at Meadowhall Shopping Centre, but didn’t know it went any further than that.

For every mile you drive, a polar bear cub dies. :mad:

IKEA - soon .

I doubt they'll open without parking eye surveying the car park. Why would they? Ikea car parks are a big enough pain in the arse without freeloaders filling up spaces every day.

:help:Hoping somebody can help me as to where I can park to get the tram into Sheffield for uni.

For the past three years, since September 2014 whilst living in Rotherham i've parked at valley entertainment and used to tram to get into uni (even if I didn't park in a designated park and ride space I never got a fine) .However since working on a placement for a year i've come back to sheffield and found I can no longer park there without getting a ticket. All of the park and ride spaces are full by the time I get there. And to top it off i've already bought my annual tram pass for £275 for the year.

I've explored other options but to no avail:

-Meadowhall Interchange Park and Ride- Full by 8am

-Meadowhall Retail Park- fines after parking for few hours

-Nunnery Square- can't pay for parking separately and i've already bought my tram ticket

-Other park and rides- too far, might aswell drive all the way into sheffield centre

So, does anyone know of anywhere I can park to catch the tram where theres spaces and I don't have to pay £10 a day for the privilege or risk getting a fine.

If not I'm thinking my only option is to write to whoever I need to asking if they can refund my ticket due to no adequate parking being available and then either use Nunnery square or just drive into sheffield and pay for parking.

Please help :(

:confused::confused::confused:

If wanting to catch tram at Meadowhall park on one of side streets .ie Newman road /Vauxhall road then walk to Meadowhall tram stop .

Try the Attercliffe tram stop at junction of shirland lane and shortbridge street,there is plenty of on street parking.

Assuming that you still live in Rotherham, you could try the X1 bus from the interchange -

it goes through Meadowhall so you could change to the Supertram there.

Try the Attercliffe tram stop at junction of shirland lane and shortbridge street,there is plenty of on street parking.

What about the free car parks adjacent to and behind the Banners building? They don't fill-up until gone eight and are a couple of minutes from Attercliffe tram stop.

Try the railway station at Meadowhall, I have left my car there over the weekend with no problem