Burglars won't leave us alone

Has that ever happened? I've googled how it could happen (and that goes back to 2013) but I can't find an example of this actually happening.

I don't know of it actually happening but do know of a case where a burglary happened where a dog was on the premises. The burglar wasn't caught but a police officer told the home owner that the beware of the dog sign was an admission of a dangerous dog.

Guest sibon
I don't know of it actually happening but do know of a case where a burglary happened where a dog was on the premises. The burglar wasn't caught but a police officer told the home owner that the beware of the dog sign was an admission of a dangerous dog.

Then the officer concerned needs some training regarding the definition of a dangerous dog. A beware of the dog sign means just that. A dangerous dog is one that will do much more than defend territory.

A man once got sued because someone slipped over on the snow he'd cleared and was then bitten by his dog. I've heard that he'd have got away with it if it wasn't for the absence of a "Beware of the cleared snow" sign.

Thats 'elf n safety gorn maaadd that is.

I take it you mean his appendage and not my dog:hihi::hihi:

I was answering Glasgowoods post:hihi:

You have a long list of options of which having varying costs:

Fit proper secure snap proof locks.

Get an alarm.

Get a dog.

Get CCTV - real or fake anything is better than nothing.

Get a beware of the dog sign.

Be vigilant.

Don't leave doors unlocked or windows open.

Get sharks with lasers.

Thanks a lot mate going to do exactly this!

Buy a baseball bat . ( although you should buy the ball as well so you have a valid reason for having it in the house ;) )

---------- Post added 20-09-2017 at 21:30 ----------

Irrelevant , the intention is there

And this!

Everytime someone knocks on your door take your phone with your camera app open.

If you dont recognise them then take their picture. And let them know why you are taking their picture.

They will soon get the message. :thumbsup:

Definitely this!!

How do you know they were would be"burglars"

Believe me I know.

Have they actually stolen anything?

Not yet and I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen.

The thing is there's nothing to take. They're wasting their time for a possible prison sentence. I know full well they're trying to burgle us! I'm not going into details but I know and I'm going to secure our home with alarms, better doors, cctv.

The police know about it but can't do anything until they've actually stole something.

Good thinking! I would add, buy a glove as well to make it really convincing. Catching a baseball with bare hands is ...painful.

Good shout

Buy a baseball bat . ( although you should buy the ball as well so you have a valid reason for having it in the house ;) )

---------- Post added 20-09-2017 at 21:30 ----------

Irrelevant , the intention is there

Now then, one of my buddies was burgled so he did indeed acquire a baseball bat (bigger and heavier than a rounders bat). Not content with that he stuck a good few nuts and bolts through it. He sat up for a week waiting for the burglers to return. They did not. Probably a good job for him to be honest.

Angel1.

Now then, one of my buddies was burgled so he did indeed acquire a baseball bat (bigger and heavier than a rounders bat). Not content with that he stuck a good few nuts and bolts through it. He sat up for a week waiting for the burglers to return. They did not. Probably a good job for him to be honest.

Angel1.

I've said this before, anyone who thinks they are ten men regarding confronting burglars should realise that anyone who has the town halls to break into a house risking a possible violent confrontation is likely to oblige, I've grown up with lads like this and some of them will take anyone on, they are not all little unfit pale faced smack heads.

I've said this before, anyone who thinks they are ten men regarding confronting burglars should realise that anyone who has the town halls to break into a house risking a possible violent confrontation is likely to oblige, I've grown up with lads like this and some of them will take anyone on, they are not all little unfit pale faced smack heads.

Agreed, but I know where people who do this are coming from. It's an awful experience & it's horrible not feeling safe in your own home. I caught two scum bags trying to snap my lock at 1am I shouted out of the window and they legged it, my adrenaline was pumping. I don't know what would have happened should I have accidentally met the entering the house. I did spend the next 7 days like a coiled spring waiting for them to come back. No idea what I'd have done, I'm not hard and I don't pretend to be but I am 6ft 1 and about 18 stone and that's enough to scare these off on this occasion. I fitted a security light & changed the locks and they didn't return.

Agreed, but I know where people who do this are coming from. It's an awful experience & it's horrible not feeling safe in your own home. I caught two scum bags trying to snap my lock at 1am I shouted out of the window and they legged it, my adrenaline was pumping. I don't know what would have happened should I have accidentally met the entering the house. I did spend the next 7 days like a coiled spring waiting for them to come back. No idea what I'd have done, I'm not hard and I don't pretend to be but I am 6ft 1 and about 18 stone and that's enough to scare these off on this occasion. I fitted a security light & changed the locks and they didn't return.

As long as you are ok Danny Boy thats all that matters, lets hope karma pays them a visit.

As long as you are ok Danny Boy thats all that matters, lets hope karma pays them a visit.

Yes physically fine thank you, it does have a psychological impact though, I'd never really even thought about being burgled never mind worried about it. Now I think about it all the time, I have actually done all the things I advised the op to do other than the sharks with lasers of course :hihi: