Questions for students please read

Would you be happy to have your meals made for you?

If so how often and what sort of meals?

Well, I would love it. But, some days I'd be home by lunchtime, other times my last lecture might not finish til six and I might fancy a quick pint in the Union after, or meet up with others to study.

So unless you'd be happy to cook for them whenever they are actually around it might be a faff.

I'd let them worry about feeding themselves.

:)

Thanks, I think my dad wants to dip his toes in the water maybe just for a term to see how he gets on.. I think mature students would certainly suit him better than young uns! ����

Nobody will want a 1 term let, students hire places for the entire year.

I don't know any students that lodge though, they all hire entire houses with friends, or flats to themselves, or stay in halls.

Thanks, I think my dad wants to dip his toes in the water maybe just for a term to see how he gets on.. I think mature students would certainly suit him better than young uns! ����

Air BnB might be the best option then, have a few people stay one or two nights and see how he feels about it??

Nobody will want a 1 term let, students hire places for the entire year.

I don't know any students that lodge though, they all hire entire houses with friends, or flats to themselves, or stay in halls.

Back when I started Uni in 1992 there were a few students still lodging, one of my mates did it for his first year and absolutely hated it. There was a curfew on how late he could come back of a night, a strictly no 'sleeping partners' policy and various other rules which made his life hell.

In this day and age I can't see any students going for it, even post grads.

Universities have decent housing departments which funnel students into the usual accommodation.

That doesn't leave many people around actually looking for a place to live, most are guided into halls and such by the Uni.

Back when I started Uni in 1992 there were a few students still lodging, one of my mates did it for his first year and absolutely hated it. There was a curfew on how late he could come back of a night, a strictly no 'sleeping partners' policy and various other rules which made his life hell.

Puts me in mind of Rising Damp!

Not that I'm suggesting the OP's Dad is anything like Rigsby!

It depends how old your dad is. He may not enjoy the student way of life after a few months. Like Cyclone has posted, SpareRoom is brilliant. I've used it for long term lets of larger places and "granny flats".

Most of the postgrads that I know get a city centre flat, a few get house shares with other postgrads or graduated friends who are staying around.

I know a lot of students (comparatively to most using this site) and AFAIK none of them lodge. (Technically some do, because their are other students who have bought a house, but they're all still students at the end of the day).