Stocksbridge bus service. Why so dire?

Back on the subject of the dire 57 bus route. Passengers from the top of Church Street Oughtibridge through Worrall and Wadsley do not have the luxury of 6 tram buses per hour. One bus per hour, single decker, over crowded, late by twenty minutes twice this week, one missing completely. 2 hours without a bus makes 6 per hour a luxury. Give us one tram bus an hour we will be overjoyed!

Back on the subject of the dire 57 bus route. Passengers from the top of Church Street Oughtibridge through Worrall and Wadsley do not have the luxury of 6 tram buses per hour. One bus per hour, single decker, over crowded, late by twenty minutes twice this week, one missing completely. 2 hours without a bus makes 6 per hour a luxury. Give us one tram bus an hour we will be overjoyed!

I'll go along with that, Worrall and Wadsley seem to have got forgotten in all this.

For these areas it's diabolical, I don't know how they can call it a service.

I'll go along with that, Worrall and Wadsley seem to have got forgotten in all this.

For these areas it's diabolical, I don't know how they can call it a service.

Tbh Wadsley still has the 52A around Ben Lane and the 61/62 that creates a backdrop to the loss of the 57. It's Wadsley Park and Worrall I do feel for, very isolated now since Stagecoach reduced the 57 - yet the buses especially at peak times are still overcrowded and standing loads.

Still no news on the alterations, sorry cut-backs to the SL1/SL1A services as yet I see.

Wadsley Park also have the 268 run by SCT.

Guest busdriver1

Service changes from January.

SL1/1a Timetable revised to maintain Supertram connections reducing frequency Monday – Friday off peak and Saturdays from 10 to 12 minutes. When a 12 minute frequency operates 3 journeys per hour operate as SL1 and 2 as SL1a. Early evening frequency increased but late evening frequency (from 2048 Monday – Saturday and 1748 on Sundays) reduced to hourly.

SL1/1a Timetable revised to maintain Supertram connections reducing frequency Monday – Friday off peak and Saturdays from 10 to 12 minutes. When a 12 minute frequency operates 3 journeys per hour operate as SL1 and 2 as SL1a. Early evening frequency increased but late evening frequency (from 2048 Monday – Saturday and 1748 on Sundays) reduced to hourly.

Copied from The Loop eh? ;)

Guest busdriver1
Copied from The Loop eh? ;)

maybe I should not have bothered eh?

ffs

Thank you for that busdriver1.

Please explain somewhere else in the city, where a change from tram to bus is required to get home - and not through choice at that?

I'd rather have a change than have the only option being a bus that takes forever, only runs every half an hour and often departs early/late meaning you're left with a 50 min wait at a cold bus stop with no shelter.

A 5 min wait for a tram under a shelter is far preferable!!

Well the results are in... Unsliven Bridge and Garden Village will retain their evening service, although the SL1 will be downgraded to a hourly service from the 28th January after 8:48pm Monday to Saturday and 5:48pm on Sundays.

No changes really to the 57.

So once again more cuts to the services around Stocksbridge, along with the recent fare increases to CityWide/TravelMaster tickets etc.

Well the results are in... Unsliven Bridge and Garden Village will retain their evening service, although the SL1 will be downgraded to a hourly service from the 28th January after 8:48pm Monday to Saturday and 5:48pm on Sundays.

No changes really to the 57.

So once again more cuts to the services around Stocksbridge, along with the recent fare increases to CityWide/TravelMaster tickets etc.

So since Stagecoach have taken over the Stocksbridge service they have cut the evening frequency from 3 buses to town, to 1 as far as the tram. And we thought First were bad.

its about time the old clipper service was re-introduced if they charged a fixed price of a couple of quid it would be cheaper than a taxi and might even break even.