A teenager in the 60's.

Did anyone see Chris Farlowe on Jools 25 yrs. So sad for the guy suffering with Spina Bifida But still a great singer.

Last time I saw the Hollies they were playing to a couple of dozen people at the Fiesta.

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 06:20 ----------

Remember going on holiday to Rhyl and having a transistor radio attached to my ear listening to Radio Caroline playing San Fransisco all the time.

ha ha. remember the transistor radio. spent hours listening to mine. they must have been the internet of the 50s 60s. what an invention.

Yes Jim Hardie you are of course right. It was more like five shillings to see bands like The Who & try & see someone like Rod Stewart for under about $150nowadays. I don't think even the all nighters were even a pound were they? As I said we really were in the right place at the right time sort of thing wern't we? Those days really were the best & the music has never been as good since then, so much so that I often hear my grandkids listening to a song WE used to listen to & they don't believe me when I say "that came out when I was a teenager". The Mojo club (King Mojo Club) was only open for about three years but hey it's still talked, about written about, all these years later which says a lot doesn't it?

i never went to the mojo club, wrong side of town for me at the time, but I used to work in a club called the esquire in the old leadmill building near to the tram sheds.later I was a regular at the heatbeat club above the silver blades on London road.The sixties and seventies are good to look back on but not so great at the time,power cuts strikes crap wages etc.

Hey downsunder we led similar lives spent too much time in the birley hotel listening to live bands and getting ******,married in a register office with a shotgun behind me watching the owls or the blades , lived in oz now for 25yrs but the heart is still in sheffield thats why im on this forum every day

Great stories guys,Padders who do I know you as ?

Woolley wood school, then shiregreen sec mod, firth browns, 41years first group.

Born and bred woolley wood rd. first name tom.

Hey downsunder we led similar lives spent too much time in the birley hotel listening to live bands and getting ******,married in a register office with a shotgun behind me watching the owls or the blades , lived in oz now for 25yrs but the heart is still in sheffield thats why im on this forum every day

Hi Steven, we've spoken before . . .

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=353200&page=3

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Tassie.

Best decade ever, Walk into a new job easily...buy house at good price....best music ever and still is......almost no crime....no drugs......great immigrants from West Indies.... no mobile phones.......Went to Majorca for 2 weeks at a cost of £16 for Hotel and £35 for the flight. The list is endless......................Great Times

Best decade ever, Walk into a new job easily...buy house at good price....best music ever and still is......almost no crime....no drugs......great immigrants from West Indies.... no mobile phones.......Went to Majorca for 2 weeks at a cost of £16 for Hotel and £35 for the flight. The list is endless......................Great Times

And girls girls girls, all wearing mini skirts. oh to be young again.:hihi:

And girls girls girls, all wearing mini skirts. oh to be young again.:hihi:

with matching knickers

Downsunder's photobucket link doesn't appear to be working, for me anyway...so here is another: LINK

Hi downsunder been to tassie twice now the last time in january love port arthur ,its an eerie place when you walk around it

Ikhkugzufguhoijko

Edited by EdmundH