A teenager in the 60's.

I was a teenager in the 60s. I'm still one now.

One special song Scot McKenzie San Francisco

There were lots of songs better than the one I stated, but it was the sentiment of the song, that best fits my experiences in the 60's

Edited by Ontarian1981

..............ah the 60's!!! Wonderfull decade. Sunday nights at the lathkill hotel, with Brian Cook and the Vampires. Brian sadly no longer with us. fab fashions and music great time to be a teenager.

Hi Jack,good to keep in touch,they say we've all got a book in us,best of luck with yours.

I always feel so fortunate to have been a teenager in the 60's living in Sheffield. What more could we have wanted than places like the Mojo, where we danced to the best music ever & saw all the very best bands for a couple of quid. Then there was the fashion....the bellbottom Jeans, the leather coats, uni scarves, platform shoes, knee length boots (some times white) PVC rain coats & of course meeting our mates out side Peter Robinson's. We had it all didn't we?

I always feel so fortunate to have been a teenager in the 60's living in Sheffield. What more could we have wanted than places like the Mojo, where we danced to the best music ever & saw all the very best bands for a couple of quid. Then there was the fashion....the bellbottom Jeans, the leather coats, uni scarves, platform shoes, knee length boots (some times white) PVC rain coats & of course meeting our mates out side Peter Robinson's. We had it all didn't we?

A couple of quid? I don't remember ever paying more than five bob although I think they charged ten shillings for the all nighters.

Glen Dale was with the Fortunes ( a Birmingham based group ) in their hey day, co lead singer with Rod Allen. He left to form Glen Dale and the Candies and I think lived in Shiregreen.
........however Glen Dale did join the Vantennas for a while after leaving the Fortunes. He left to go solo as did Ronnie Coy bass player with the Vantennas.........Ronnie was replaced by ex Frank White bass player,Nick Farrelly.

---------- Post added 19-09-2017 at 15:51 ----------

..............ah the 60's!!! Wonderfull decade. Sunday nights at the lathkill hotel, with Brian Cook and the Vampires. Brian sadly no longer with us. fab fashions and music great time to be a teenager.
.........with Don Allison on lead Fender Stratocaster guitar!

Born 1949. Yea great days the Sixties, could get Pi$$ed on a £1, great music, great times. then at the end of it all got wed.

Spent my entire teens in the 60’s, saw Spurs do the double, went in my first pub, the Blue Bell in old Hackenthorpe village, got my first bike, a 250 BSA my dad brought home in a tea chest in a thousand bits. Saw a colour TV for the first time with my face pushed up against Wigfall’s window, dreamed of being a flower child in Haight-Ashbury San Francisco, got an apprenticeship at the coke ovens, went to Skeggy on the bike and slept in a derelict ice cream hut on the esplanade. Nearly got the s**t kicked out of me by three punks on a Saturday afternoon in broad daylight on the Moor. Saved up for a year and bought a Rocket Gold Star from Charlie Freeman, got it nicked outside the football ground three months later. Met a girl in the Travellers Rest, walked her home to Pitsmoor, married her at the registry office, that was 47 years ago, she’s still by my side now. We went on a long trip on a boat and ended up in Australia but I’ll never forget the 60’s. I’ll never forget Sheffield. It’s who I am.

not a teenager until late sixtys,but top music ,still everyones first favourite music,life was much slower,but more intresting as new inventions came thick and fast,everyone worked,know one had to go to the social to top up a full time jobs wages,nice cars,yes the 60s were great,but remember no central heating,ice on the inside of the windows in winter,outside toilets and no bathrooms for many,but we did recycle more as in milk bottles,beer/pop bottles,also we didn't waste food and children had proper respect,so conclusion yes better days,but pity we cant get some back and mix with some of todays great things.

.........and because Downsunder is too modest to plug his book about life in Sheffield, I'll do it for him. Its called 'Alias Albert Rathbone' and its excellent. I guess you will have to PM him for details.