Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Guest sibon
I watched the game that ended in Wednesday conceding 4 at home, you must have seen that surely, you can't be in that much denial, can you ? :surprised

Did those same Blades say we never " got a kick " ? As there were " numerous Blades" saying it you must therefore have evidence ?

The Blades had 35% possession and never saw the ball for the first 15 mins of the second half.

You lot aren't Ajax 1978, or Man Utd 1999. Well played and all that, but do try to look at the game with two eyes.

See you later in the year. A tenner to charity says that we will be above you by then.

Edited by sibon

I usually like to watch televised games a second time as you get a better perspective without the emotion of the day, I won;t watch this one for obvious reasons but I can't decide whether we were really bad or united were really good :confused:

TBH Top, even from my biased view, Weds were poor and apart from the 10-15 mins after the 2nd half, were never in it, but hey, that is my opinion...

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 00:34 ----------

The Blades had 35% possession and never saw the ball for the first 15 mins of the second half.

You lot aren't Ajax 1978, or Man Utd 1999. Well played and all that, but do try to look at the game with two eyes.

See you later in the year. A tenner to charity says that we will be above you by then.

C'mon Andy, 15 mins, seriously?? it's a 90 min game, so much can happen in such a short space of time, Blades dominated the majority of the game and came out deserved winners, end of...

Perhaps a side issue to all this but I think this game did not have a Sheffield born player in their starting eleven, Joe Wildsmith and Billy Sharp - both Sheffield born-were unused subs, has this happened before ?

Have said the same if we'd have calmed the game after the equalizer I think we would have nicked it though undeservedly.

We didn't let you calm the game,we went for it again ad the rest is history.

We didn't let you calm the game,we went for it again ad the rest is history.

Of course you didn't that's why I said it,and like you say,now history.

Well come on ukdobby, " history" really, its less than 48 hours ago (as I write).

What do you mean " history" ? It's all over the media and being discussed on forums such as this.

Well come on ukdobby, " history" really, its less than 48 hours ago (as I write).

What do you mean " history" ? It's all over the media and being discussed on forums such as this.

Ask your fellow Blade,he's the one calling it history.

Possession doesn't tell the full story though, if anything it's deceptive, we had 68% possession agin Naarich and lost 0-1. To us Blades this was something new to get used to because ever since Wilder arrived we've almost always dominated possession with our three "unknown" midfielders including Duffy who always starts and is normally subbed at 65 minutes.

Wednesday had the majority of possession but looked outclassed for the whole match. If you want to claim a sort of Pyrrhic victory for 15 minutes when you were chasing the game and we were defending a lead, have it !

You will note though as soon as you levelled we put the game to bed immediately afterwards.

Chris Wilder's star couldn't be shining any brighter at the moment, or could it ?

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 07:11 ----------

A tenner to Charity ! Wow you really are rattled ! Go on then, a bit of fun.

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 07:20 ----------

Ask your fellow Blade,he's the one calling it history.

Clutching at straws there Ukdobby. The events of 26th 12th 1979, are still sung at both grounds, almost 40 years ago, do you really believe that any Wednesday fan of any hue will be allowed to forget this result, the first time in 124 years of inter city rivalry that either team has put 4 past its rival on its own ground, within 48 hours ? A team that was going like lambs to the slaughter to the home of its big spending, loud, " gobby", vulgar, Premiership chasing neighbour.

At 2-2 and you want to calm the game,we made it 3-2 almost immediately,because we wanted the win. You never had a chance to calm the game because we scored.

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 06:32 ----------

We don't need to be Ajax or Man Utd,we need to be competative at Championship level.Our performance on Sunday was as good as anything I saw in that division this season,so we are where we need to be.

The Owl's fan's admitted- including myself- they were out played, out thought and well beaten. It was the coaching staff that underestimated the Blades.

That's not how it came across to me mate. Numerous quotes of pub league players, never heard of 'em for our midfield etc etc

Well done the Blades, hurts to say it but you lot deserved to win.

Again, as with Huddersfield, a team set up to stop us playing and we had no answer.

I blame the manager as we have not found a way round this tactic. Chris Wilder out thought Carlos and that is more of a worry than the loss.

The same game as the numerous Blades who said 'to be honest, when Wednesday got back to 2-2 I thought 'here we go again' and 'I thought we were going to lose it'

The same game as I saw. You must have been watching summat else.

If you didn't think there was a little class on show from the likes of Duffy and Fleck mate, you must have been watching a different game. :huh:

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 08:26 ----------

I usually like to watch televised games a second time as you get a better perspective without the emotion of the day, I won;t watch this one for obvious reasons but I can't decide whether we were really bad or united were really good :confused:

Bit of both pal. Fact is a lot of Wednesday fans have been belittling United since we got promoted and it has now come along and bitten them right on the a8se.

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 08:27 ----------

Well done the Blades, hurts to say it but you lot deserved to win.

Again, as with Huddersfield, a team set up to stop us playing and we had no answer.

I blame the manager as we have not found a way round this tactic. Chris Wilder out thought Carlos and that is more of a worry than the loss.

No shame in being outwitted by Wilder mate.