Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Did you go to sleep or the toilet from the 45th minute to the 67th minute?

If you did, it was a shame cos you'd have seen United not getting a kick.

The real Wednesday showed up.

United were bricking it, and IF we'd carried on in the same vein, the team that 'outclassed' Wednesday would have lost quite heavily.

If the Blades are owt like honest, they'll admit to bricking it.

Don't expect they will though.

Wednesday failed ............................... again.

"not getting a kick" between 45th and 67th minute. Which game were you watching ?

I still think carlos should get this season but the tactics do worry me, we don't seem to have a plan b or I'm struggling to see it if there is one. Still 37 games left though so we'll see

TBH Nervy, you guys have been saying that for a long time, how long can he go on?

Ive had a read of a few Forums / Twitter etc, and to be fair I think that most Wednesdayites have acknowledged that United fully deserved their victory, and have been gracious in their praise.

Personally I think you were lucky to get 2 and not concede more.

However. . . . If Wednesday had settled down after it went 2-2, who knows.

The scoreline flattered you somewhat I think.

Get it out of system Wednesday night,we lost,we move on

"Dont look back in anger"

Eh our kid :thumbsup:

" out of system Wednesday" You wish

The dust has settled. The result remains the same. Well done United, you Blades quite rightly are having a proper gloat and a laugh. 4-2 at Hillsborough, great, brilliant, outstanding result. Bravo! ................. Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Now back to reality. United weren't brilliant. Clark wasn't World Class. The football wasn't mesmerising. The goals weren't Worldies. Blades midfield wasn't outstanding. (The goal keeper was <removed>, of that, one can be confident).

Wednesday weren't 'out fought'. Wednesday weren't 'outclassed'. Wednesday weren't bullied.

What Wednesday were however, was embarrassed by Brooks' absolute quality, guile, and heart (Thanks Manchester City)

If (MASSIVE IF) the Wednesday from 45 minutes to 65 minutes had turned up at 1-15, United wouldn't be gloating and Wednesday wouldn't be hurting.

United hardly got a kick for the whole 20 minutes, Wednesday outplayed 'em, out fought 'em and outclassed 'em. At 2-1 to 2-2 United fans witnessed the quality, the power, and the strength of what Wednesday CAN do, and the majority of Blades fans thought that their great day had come to an end.

Then Wednesday slowed, and then stopped. We did exactly the same against Derby last season and held on for a 2-1. What the reason for this is, no Owl knows. Is it the players? Is it Carlos? Is it Lee Bullen?

I'm very close to leaving them to it, and staying at home, or in the pub. I'm peed off with it. We're a very good side that likes, far too often, to play a bit crap.

It's about time some Wednesday fans realised it, and stopped glossing over the cracks. We HAVE to play differently under Carlos, or get rid of Carlos, there's no in between. Shoot me down all you like, but I'm sure I'm right, and I speak/say/write what some Owls find Taboo.

We don't play to our limit anything like enough. If we did, we'd be flying.

Have no doubt we scared United to death yesterday for the 20 minutes we played.

They can have their fun, they can have Chris Wilder (Looking like a top, top manager), but I don't believe for one minute that their 18 is better than our 18 when our 18 decide that they want to play. Wilder's 18 want to play, love to play, and DO play, 95 minutes a game, every game.

We stopped them, and showed them how to do it for 20 minutes, and they had no answer. They were better than us for the other 74 minutes, and well done to them, but being better than us yesterday wasn't really difficult was it?

Tell me Wednesday players, what is the problem with you and Carlos, or Bullen, or Chansiri at Wednesday, because I'm no thicko. Something's clearly not good and wants sorting pretty damn quickly?

I'll get my tin hat to fend off what I expect to be a barrage of doh's from all parties. Get on with it, cos I've really had enough.

(By the way, I haven't got any toys, no dummy and no pram.

Our defensive luck ran out last night, and by God we were punished.

Love the bit about Wednesday fans needing to stop glossing over the cracks,after he spends a whole post glossing over the cracks to talk about 20 minutes.:hihi:.............mind you,even Wilder kind of agrees,he knows it should have been 8.:hihi:

Ive had a read of a few Forums / Twitter etc, and to be fair I think that most Wednesdayites have acknowledged that United fully deserved their victory, and have been gracious in their praise.

Personally I think you were lucky to get 2 and not concede more.

However. . . . If Wednesday had settled down after it went 2-2, who knows.

The scoreline flattered you somewhat I think.

Have said the same if we'd have calmed the game after the equalizer I think we would have nicked it though undeservedly.

Edited by ukdobby

TBH Nervy, you guys have been saying that for a long time, how long can he go on?

Yes we do. To be fair though carlos did have a plan b that worked for 20 minutes or so but the defending really let us down. We are only seeing glimpses of how we can play at the minute and are probably quite fortunate to be where we are but still alot more games to go. I think he'll be here until xmas anyway but more results like this it will be interesting to see what the chairman does, I think the fan base are split as to if he can get us promoted.

It was strange yesterday. Usually I'm nervous before derby games but it didn't really bother me this time. Not sure if because I wasn't going to the game or what but didn't feel like the others

"not getting a kick" between 45th and 67th minute. Which game were you watching ?

The same game as the numerous Blades who said 'to be honest, when Wednesday got back to 2-2 I thought 'here we go again' and 'I thought we were going to lose it'

The same game as I saw. You must have been watching summat else.

Owls were dire, terrible display. FairPlay to wilder and utd, they deserved and got the points, pretty easy though wasn't it.

If the owls were as bad as you say they were it's only because United made them look so bad. I was there & to be honest Wednesday didn't look that bad.

I usually like to watch televised games a second time as you get a better perspective without the emotion of the day, I won;t watch this one for obvious reasons but I can't decide whether we were really bad or united were really good :confused:

I'm just glad it wasn't a night match or otherwise the phone torch's would have been out.

Even more intimidating than the girly bouncing.

Yeah but not as intimidating as that Tom Hark puppet arm dancing or singing the Greasy Chip Butty eh :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 26-09-2017 at 00:10 ----------

If the owls were as bad as you say they were it's only because United made them look so bad. I was there & to be honest Wednesday didn't look that bad.

Defensively Wednesday were bad.

The same game as the numerous Blades who said 'to be honest, when Wednesday got back to 2-2 I thought 'here we go again' and 'I thought we were going to lose it'

The same game as I saw. You must have been watching summat else.

I watched the game that ended in Wednesday conceding 4 at home, you must have seen that surely, you can't be in that much denial, can you ? :surprised

Did those same Blades say we never " got a kick " ? As there were " numerous Blades" saying it you must therefore have evidence ?