Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

I would never predict anything other than a draw in a Sheffield derby so no difference here. I'd be ok with a score draw but as with any promoted team we should be looking to win.[/QUO

As the owls are a bigger club,have the best squad in the league, have 5 strikers that would walk into any championship side, best goalkeeper in the league, have more experience at this level, been in play offs the last two years etc etc, you ought to win, so a local pub team won't cause you any problems surely!

But we did!

Edited by Groose
fixed quote tags

But we did!

Yep as I said I'd never predict a win for either team, at least it wasn't a,boring game and a bargain at 13 quid:)

Edited by Groose
fixed quote tags

A M A Z I N G

Brilliant performance from the Blades.

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 15:48 ----------

LOL

everybody may aswell go home now

Wednesday fans always leave early. So nothing new. Just like you are never there.

Fantastic performance by our boys,Brookes has had a blinder,Duffy scored a goal that will go down in legend,and Clarke already is.

Yep Clarke the chunky mister made our defenders look like scared school children.

Carlos out No Reach Jones please do one .:rant:

Yep Clarke the chunky mister made our defenders look like scared school children.

Kudos..........................

Guest sibon

Well played Blades. Deserved winners. Wednesday weren't at the races apart from the first ten minutes of the second half.

I'd imagine that it was a good game for a neutral to watch. I didn't enjoy it much though.

Hunt was strolling up the field for their second,Westy at fault for 1st and 3rd,4th was bad defending too,we need a shake up,maybe this was it.

No doubt the best team won. First half we could have gone in 4-0 down and had no quarms about it, we get a goal in stoppage time and we,re still in the game. We come out second half and for fifteen minutes match them, but today this blades team were not going to be beaten. Good luck to them for the rest of the season. As for CC i feel his days are numbered the players are for some reason not responding as a team week in week out and to get out of this league you need consistency , and this must lie with the coach ( in this case) and staff. We have quality players they need motivating CC has done a great job in his three year tenure will DC stick or twist, i think it will be the latter. We are up there in the mix, can a new man sort it. Glad i dont have to make that decision

Kudos..........................

Is that money or a pint off something :hihi:

If that was a passionate display by United, I wasn't impressed. It wasn't brilliance by any stretch. Brooks was outstanding, our defence was awful (I've said this for 12 months or more) We've been fortunate many, many times and our fortune ran out today. Clark won everything in the air, foul or fair and we made him look like a Superstar. Hooper did really well....... and Joao made a big impact. Fletch worked hard and well again, but that's it. We didn't turn up. This result may have done us a massive favour. We either change how we play, or whoever Manages us.

Our half a team did ok, but we need big changes.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I still think carlos should get this season but the tactics do worry me, we don't seem to have a plan b or I'm struggling to see it if there is one. Still 37 games left though so we'll see