Questions about WW2 and US

Right then Mr Hardie

i dont know what you mean, my attempts to justify the statement? i dont know what that statement means i wouldn't dream of justifying that statement, whatever gave you that idea.

You don't know what your own statement means?

You stated that 90% of veterans expressed the view that Hitler was right. That was your statement.

What gave me the idea you were trying to justify your statement?

The link to your google search in post #17 gave me that idea.

Edited by Jim Hardie

max you couldn't be more wrong

Which bit of my recollections are you saying are wrong? I was brought up with a military background with many veterans of WW2 in my parents' circle of friends. None of these ever expressed the opinion that Hitler was right. This is a statement of fact so how could I be wrong.

Please tell me how you know all of the people I have met over the last 6 decades and how I "couldn't be more wrong"?

Plus, where does your 90% come from?

If you were a communist thats up to you

the people who spoke that statement, was most certainly NOT nazi lovers how did you come to that conclusion "he went the wrong way about it" remember,

and it was not casting aspersions on any Jews as i can interpret.

and further more i am just the messenger, these are not my words so what the hell are you going off about, good night

I left all that stuff to you people as soon as I had enough money to leave the country. I'm in good old Canada, which is still capitalist, (So far!)

Don't suppose you remember the Red Flag flown over the Town Hall on May Day either, right?

I never saw anybody fly the swastika! :)

Edited by trastrick

It would have been greeted with as much disbelief among the WW2 veterans.

It was my parents' generation who fought in the war and I can honestly say that 100% of all those of their generation to whom I spoke over the intervening years have never vouchsafed that Hitler was right. I come from a military background so I have met many serving and ex service personnel.

Where does your figure of 90% come from?

reading the above you have spoken to all ww11 veterans then.

if you dont want to make yourself more stupid than you are, your question's are already answered in the previous post's

your families military background has absolutely no bearing on this thread.

and lets get this straight i am repeating what people have said to me i dont know whether hitler had the right idea or not but, what i do know is whatever his idea was he went about it the wrong way.

i thought i would explain a little it seems you have difficulty along with Mr hardie understanding the written word

---------- Post added 19-09-2017 at 15:11 ----------

It would have been greeted with as much disbelief among the WW2 veterans.

It was my parents' generation who fought in the war and I can honestly say that 100% of all those of their generation to whom I spoke over the intervening years have never vouchsafed that Hitler was right. I come from a military background so I have met many serving and ex service personnel.

Where does your figure of 90% come from?

I left all thar stuff to you people as soon as I had enough money to leave the country. I'm in good old Canada, which is still capitalist, (So far!)

Don't suppose you remember the Red Flag flown over the Town Hall on May Day either, right?

I never saw anybody fly the swastika! :)

I think Bill Michie once flew the hammer and sickle over the old town hall

reading the above you have spoken to all ww11 veterans then.

if you dont want to make yourself more stupid than you are, your question's are already answered in the previous post's

Read my posts and perhaps, when you've understood them, come back and comment in a non-offensive manner.

Your attempts to justify this statement so far have been pathetic.

Never mind the rights and wrongs of the sentiment expressed, just tell us where you got the 90% figure from.

Was is something you read somewhere or was it from your own experience of speaking to veterans?

Read my posts and perhaps, when you've understood them, come back and comment in a non-offensive manner.

Mr Hardie set the tone, with offensive post's

any way you both seem to want a nonsensical argument, read my post then comment, i am just the messenger, has your relative's while in the forces shot the messenger? like you are trying to do

Edited by kidley

This thread has gone a bit off topic and what I asked, still hoping to get a clear answer

Hello to AKGT - Here's my take on some of the subject matter. I recall a documentary on the 'Beginning of the 2nd world war years', that wasn't the title, that's my title as it was such a long time ago, I was probably listening or watching PBS (Public Broadcasting Service). Winston Churchill was approaching the US at the outset of the war for financial aid to carry on with the effort. He was met with "where's your collateral?", I guess a smart answer would be "if I had collateral we wouldn't need the aid". The conversation got around to material things and what was decided (I kid you not!) Britain had a ship leaving South Africa with a load of diamonds and it was suggested by the US it would be intercepted by them and a transfer would take place. Churchill claimed it would be/was tantamount "to sending the Bailiff's in on a repossession". Did this all take place as suggested partly or otherwise? I don't know. I tell you I don't throw my arms in the air and shout "NO WAY" because the US being a nation of immigrants have a way about the bucks and I suppose it's not an entirely bad thing but isn't there a time and place for such shenanigans. Didn't the States buy Alaska from the Russians for 7.2 million dollars ? (A real estate deal of a lifetime) , a celebrity would have to spend triple that to buy a single dream home these day's. fleetwood

Thanks fleetwood it gives me a starting point.