Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

Now to be cracked down on in Sheffield:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/citywide-crackdown-on-bad-parking-1-9212598

Only in certain places, though the list of places does not appear to have been released.

Rather than painting double yellow lines everywhere, the new enforcement will target areas which have particular problems such as near junctions.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/citywide-crackdown-on-bad-parking-1-9212598

Not actually an issue in the city centre, rather the general parking on pavements completely.

Now to be cracked down on in Sheffield:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/citywide-crackdown-on-bad-parking-1-9212598

Only in certain places, though the list of places does not appear to have been released.

Well let's see if they target the London Rd; Abbeydale Rd corridors? At present the enforcement officers just appear to hang about in the hope people move their cars at some stage.

It's a big issue on our road. Almost every house has a drive way, then each household fills the drive with two cars, then another two on the pavement as well. The road is that narrow and there's that many cars that to logistically park them and sustain access to moving vehicles they have to park on the pavement. One of my neighbour was parking an old Landrover and trailer across the front of his drive over the public footpath forcing pedestrians into the road. However, if he'd not parked it there then other vehicles would have been left without parking.

Parking has got that bad on my road, at one time no body would park under the massive tree because of bird poo. Now its become premium parking, the poo is a non optional extra.

Why does everyone have four cars? Is that not a bit overkill?

Yep, its terrible on our road. Various households bring the firms van home, then have a motor home on the drive, then two cars across the mouth of the drive. there's quite a few on the road like that.

One of my neighbour was parking an old Landrover and trailer across the front of his drive over the public footpath forcing pedestrians into the road.

Ring the police.

They will come and ticket it (eventually!). If it is a particularly busy road they can get authorisation to remove it and charge the owner a removal fee and storage costs.

Ring the police.

They will come and ticket it (eventually!). If it is a particularly busy road they can get authorisation to remove it and charge the owner a removal fee and storage costs.

police won't do anything, they say it's a council issue - the only time the police will is if it's an abandoned/stolen car, or if it's causing a danger or hazzard

One each for the parents and two twenty something kids still living at home in a number of cases.

police won't do anything, they say it's a council issue

It doesn't matter what they say.

If a car is parked across a drop kerb or is causing a wilful obstruction they can issue a Fixed Penalty Notice. If the obstruction is such that pedestrians have to risk walking into live traffic to get past, then they can authorise the removal of the vehicle.

It doesn't matter what they say.

If a car is parked across a drop kerb or is causing a wilful obstruction they can issue a Fixed Penalty Notice. If the obstruction is such that pedestrians have to risk walking into live traffic to get past, then they can authorise the removal of the vehicle.

Yes. In law, nobody has any 'right' to park on the public highway- no, not even outside one's own house- but only to pass and repass along it.

I thought I'd seen most things until I moved into this home.

There's plenty of on road parking plus off road. One night I looked out and saw the worst parking I've ever seen. The double yellows stop and there's room for a car before the dropped curb, then plenty past it. The folks below had gone in nose first up the dropped curb with their car with the back of the car just hanging in the road. Unfortunately they have little respect for themselves let alone respect for others. After that I've seen the car half on the path nearly at a right angle to the road, parked in the middle of the road...the list goes on. There's quite a few folks on my estate that use wheelchairs or the electric jobs so for me it's a bit of manners to leave the ramp free but some people seem to have a fear of walking a few more paces to their front door. Sad really and it's quite possible the same people put a nice dent in my car but I can't prove it so I just stood to the £400 bill for the repair.

And no, I haven't reported them... maybe I should have.