Wilkinsons in Meadowhall??

Does anyone know if this going to happen it would be good in there

Yes they're opening on the Market Street end toward Argos

No need to be patronising, especially as you have no idea what youre talking about.

If you go into Wilkos on Haymarket then you'll know exactly what i mean. The store has been totally transformed for incoming influx of students. In fact the majority of the 'Point of Sale' signs say STUDENT on them.

Im gonna pop in later so i'll take a photo for you :roll:

I think he/she meant it as a joke! I giggled!

Yes they're opening on the Market Street end toward Argos

Sports direct is closing down from the signs up last time I was in Meadowhall so maybe they are moving into there?

I've a very good idea how much the unit leasing rates are, and given where Wilko is at these days, not a chance.

And those rates are only likely to go up, if Meadowhall's extension (as recently discussed in the news) gets green-lighted. Then again, given the ongoing retail contraction, I wouldn't count my chickens just yet about seeing that extension built.

I hope none of those 4,000 voted for it :twisted:

What is rent on a unit size of say sports direct ?

Ruddy heck...the amount on those rents....

You can say that again about the rents. No wonder these small shops are always closing. Didn't think they had to pay that much each year.

I used to work at Meadowhall and guy I worked for ran a waffle cart and he said that was £500 per week and that was about 20 years ago Don't know if what he said was true or not

Holy moly. Moneyhall.

Wilko can be ok and useful for certain items. Would never buy any pillows there but some lightbulbs weet kill or candles are just as fine there as anywhere else. Returned two items there this year after opening box having second thoughts.

You can say that again about the rents. No wonder these small shops are always closing. Didn't think they had to pay that much each year.

I think the lowest rent is around £300,000 per year. Thats compared to around £20,000 in the city centre for a shop of the same size.

I think the lowest rent is around £300,000 per year. Thats compared to around £20,000 in the city centre for a shop of the same size.

I'd rather pay the 300 thou seeing as it doesnt come with all the urine and methadone thats associated with our pathetic city centre, long live Meadowhall.

I'd rather pay the 300 thou seeing as it doesnt come with all the urine and methadone thats associated with our pathetic city centre, long live Meadowhall.

I prefer to dodge urine and methadone instead of thousands prams, slow old people, screaming kids, chavs and people from Barnsley