MOTO licenses! A2 or DAS?

Hello people!

SO I decided to go for a motorcycle riding. Gave up on car as I thought having a car as I travel alone all the time, was not worth keeping it. In two weeks I'm taking my CBT, and then planning to go either A2 or DAS, but I cant decide. I dont really like fast rides, loud engines and revving, I just want good commuter, powerfull enough to pull me through motorways. I set my eyes on Kawasaki Ninja 300, which is very good all rounder. A2 license is enough for it. Now I got enough money for DAS too, but price wise A2 may be around £200 cheaper than DAS. If I do not intend to go above 400cc (Ninja 300 is exactly 300cc and 35bhp perfect for A2), would it make more sense to go for A2?

Any advice appreciated!

Hello people!

SO I decided to go for a motorcycle riding. Gave up on car as I thought having a car as I travel alone all the time, was not worth keeping it. In two weeks I'm taking my CBT, and then planning to go either A2 or DAS, but I cant decide. I dont really like fast rides, loud engines and revving, I just want good commuter, powerfull enough to pull me through motorways. I set my eyes on Kawasaki Ninja 300, which is very good all rounder. A2 license is enough for it. Now I got enough money for DAS too, but price wise A2 may be around £200 cheaper than DAS. If I do not intend to go above 400cc (Ninja 300 is exactly 300cc and 35bhp perfect for A2), would it make more sense to go for A2?

Any advice appreciated!

Wow, in my motorcycling days you had a provisional licence that enabled you to ride up to 250cc (if my memory serves me well) then after passing your test - the sky was the limit.

Good luck and keep safe, the roads are now much busier than in my day.

Angel1.

Go for das then if you ever want to change to a more powerful bike you've got the entitlement and won't have to take another test etc best thing I ever did

Go for das then if you ever want to change to a more powerful bike you've got the entitlement and won't have to take another test etc best thing I ever did

What he said. If you do a2 then decide later you want something bigger, you'll have to do the test again. Even most 600s are too big for an a2 licence. Do das and you won't have that extra expense later

Just a £200 difference? Do the bigger one so you learn on a bigger bike. With that experience, you will be more confident on a smaller one than if you'd never ridden the bigger one.