Sign in to follow this  

Glenn Robinson artist from Loxley!

Does anyone have any information about this artist please? I know that he has sadly passed away some years ago but I am interested in a painting by him and would like some sort of idea of its worth.

I did a quick Google on "Glenn Robinson art" and other variations including Loxley and Sheffield into the search, and nothing came up, on the first two pages anyway. This doesn't bode well for it being financially "worth" anything.

I hope I'm wrong about that though. Good luck.

Just out of interest what type of picture is it?

I did a quick Google on "Glenn Robinson art" and other variations including Loxley and Sheffield into the search, and nothing came up, on the first two pages anyway. This doesn't bode well for it being financially "worth" anything.

I hope I'm wrong about that though. Good luck.

Just out of interest what type of picture is it?

I did the same, I hope that its not worth a lot because its a picture that I want to buy :D

Its a picture of Bradfield but somewhere that my Mum loved to go so was hoping that it would be within my budget to buy as a little memento.

Does anyone have any information about this artist please? I know that he has sadly passed away some years ago but I am interested in a painting by him and would like some sort of idea of its worth.
.........think you mean Glynn Robinson from Stannington........I went to school with Glynn,great artist!...........I would not think his paintings very valuable,mostly watercolours of local scenes.There is an art class held at Underbank Chapel schoolroom Stannington,sure someone there might help you who knew Glynn! Edited by mossdog

.........think you mean Glynn Robinson from Stannington........I went to school with Glynn,great artist!...........I would not think his paintings very valuable,mostly watercolours of local scenes.There is an art class held at Underbank Chapel schoolroom Stannington,sure someone there might help you who knew Glynn!

That sounds about right, thank you very much, and yes it is a water colour, I will see if I can get in touch with anyone from the art class, really helpful, thank you :)

---------- Post added 16-09-2017 at 23:08 ----------

Thank you both for your help, I now have my picture and it didn't cost the earth :)

Firstly I believe that his first name was Glynn and he was a member of the Royal Academy of Miniature Artist  - i.e. painting of miniatures not that he was a little fellow. I have several of his paintings. He was a lovely guy he left two children Alex and Vanessa and I hope they are still alive.  I'll try a couple of contacts if you want to try and speak to one of them but the Academy may be the best lace to start.

On 22/07/2020 at 21:47, Graham Dughan said:

Firstly I believe that his first name was Glynn and he was a member of the Royal Academy of Miniature Artist  - i.e. painting of miniatures not that he was a little fellow. I have several of his paintings. He was a lovely guy he left two children Alex and Vanessa and I hope they are still alive.  I'll try a couple of contacts if you want to try and speak to one of them but the Academy may be the best lace to start.

I just saw this, thank you for your reply Graham, I did find out a bit about Glynn from a Lady from Underbank chapel, I did buy my picture of Bradfield post office from the post office it wasn't bank breaking really, I also ended up buying another bigger painting of Bradfield from the Lady from the chapel I love my pictures 😀 so all in all I am a happy Woman.