Sign in to follow this  

Help, I've got a leaking sunroof!

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix my sunroof instead of me having to fork out £300 to get it fixed! I've got a 02 reg renault clio and its leaking water above the sun visor on the passengers side and has now progressed to the interior light.

I took it into a garage who want to charge me £300 to fix it. They are saying that its the seal that has gone but the seal cannot be bought alone and I need to buy the entire sunroof frame. My bfriend has put vaseline, seek and seal and silicone sealant around the sunroof seal as he says you can see where its gone, but it hasn't solved it. anyone got any other ideas?

If its a Factory fitted sun roof check the drain tubes (they run down from each corner of the sun roof). Sometimes they get blocked, I cleard mine out a while back with some wire.

I had exactly the same with my MG Metro turbo some years back, leaking from the passenger side and dripping on my non too pleased girlfriend. like the above poster has already mentioned, it was the drain tubes that had blocked up.

Gaffer tape usually works!