Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Guest makapaka
I will repeat that the amount of events has increased significantly since I moved here. What is wrong with the council taking the concerns of local residents into account?

Good then the park is obviously well used.

Obviously there's nothing wrong with the council listening to genuine concerns - I just don't think you have anything to be concerned about really.

What are the real issues for you that the park is being used for events? How is it negatively affecting your life?

Hasn't Hillsborough had regular weekend and mid week events attracting large crowds since 1899?

Don't know about 1899, but Farrar's Funfair has been visiting Hillsborough Park each year since 1967. the Sheffield Show, Mayfest have been held there and Planet Circus returns on Wednesday.

Have you raised any of your concerns at any of the meetings?

Meetings I've attended the council employees and local councillors have been very sympathetic to points raised by the public.

I remember you had complaints when Hillfest occurred last year, how did those pan out?

The perfect opportunity to put views over is there at the next Hillsborough Forum (see my earlier post). Hardly any residents attend. Speaks for itself.

Most residents probably don't know about tramlines plans think some flyers should have been sent out.

The perfect opportunity to put views over is there at the next Hillsborough Forum (see my earlier post). Hardly any residents attend. Speaks for itself.

I know it's sad, it's the same with Hillsborough Park meetings.

I can only think of the sheer number of pitchforks that are poised and ready to defend the Park at any one time from potential harm, whenever certain events are proposed, but how few generally attend any of the local community meetings.

A bit off topic but..

The park is used a lot by locals, who do show their support not only by the amount of usage it receives, there has also been increase of volunteers and it's very much noticeable and appreciated.

Probably worth remembering Hillsborough park is a charity and its aim is to improve the park, for the good of the local communities and the wider city, and it often runs at a loss over the course of the year.

Additionally there are a lot of groups that use the parks resources, they share those aims, in recent months there's been better communications between them, which means a bigger and better open day this October Sunday 1st, instead of just the Walled garden activities, there are events planned for the pavilion too, which will involve some of those various other groups that use the park throughout the year.

Edited by steve68

I know it's sad, it's the same with Hillsborough Park meetings.

I can only think of the sheer number of pitchforks that are poised and ready to defend the Park at any one time from potential harm, whenever certain events are proposed, but how few generally attend any of the local community meetings.

I finish work at 5.30pm. At 6pm (the time of the meeting) I am still travelling home from work....

I finish work at 5.30pm. At 6pm (the time of the meeting) I am still travelling home from work....

As I said (any)of the local meetings, last one for the FOHP was on Wednesday at the gardeners rest, it starts at 7:30pm and people like myself can and are sometimes late due to work or other commitments, or in this month case, I was 5 mins late waiting at the bar for my drink.

Sheffield council staff, attend and is often useful in finding out, what has been done or why certain things aren't being done or why scheduled works have over run.

I appreciate Work is one of those obstacles that does genuinely gets in the way of attending meetings, but the sheer fact is over the course of a year the meetings that are there for people to attend, are poorly attended by the public.

I expect the Hillsborough forum, may get its largest meeting in terms of numbers next week.

Edited by steve68

Hasn't Hillsborough had regular weekend and mid week events attracting large crowds since 1899?

its a park it attracts events get used to it

As I said (any)of the local meetings, last one for the FOHP was on Wednesday at the gardeners rest, it starts at 7:30pm and people like myself can and are sometimes late due to work or other commitments, or in this month case, I was 5 mins late waiting at the bar for my drink.

Sheffield council staff, attend and is often useful in finding out, what has been done or why certain things aren't being done or why scheduled works have over run.

I appreciate Work is one of those obstacles that does genuinely gets in the way of attending meetings, but the sheer fact is over the course of a year the meetings that are there for people to attend, are poorly attended by the public.

I expect the Hillsborough forum, may get its largest meeting in terms of numbers next week.

I wont be able to get the meeting so can you tell them that i think its a great idea :thumbsup:

If there was a post on here saying the park was closing due to lack of interest there would be outrage from the residents - just saying.

Guest makapaka
If there was a post on here saying the park was closing due to lack of interest there would be outrage from the residents - just saying.

Absolutely- could you imagine.

"Unused park to be developed for flats"

***TOTAL MELTDOWN ***