Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Walking down Dixon Road on Friday night (on my way to my own gig!), the music seemed very loud. About half way down you could hear both stages together , I don't think I'd have enjoyed being a resident in that patch!

Got to catch a bit of the Stereophonics walking home (could hear them in Crookes) but I think it all finished at 10 so only got a snippet. Shame they were on at the same time as us :D

I could hear Mr Gallagher from my garden last night, and the crowd singing along to "All You Need is Love"!

Well pleased to say not been able to hear the music in my house and parking been good.

Lot's of litter around on Middlewood Road this morning.

Well he was there Friday and Saturday and going again today . I’m not in the habit of not believing what people say .Are there different places selling alcohol ? He didn’t have any reason to lie .

The standard beer/ciders are all a set price. Weve been paying a fiver a pint or £4.80 for a can of Red Stripe.

There is however a craft beer tent that we havent been in so I wouldnt rule out it being £8 a pint in there.

One big Question we need answering have the Council actually charged Tramlines a fee for using the park?. they have been reports of Tramlines making a donation to the park if there only paying that 10K they taken us all for mugs.

Having spent all day Friday and yesterday there, you would have to work really hard to find anything to moan about, so well done anyone managing that!

Can't wait to get there today!

When the Circus and Funfair visit the park (and any other council owned sites) they pay a substantial amount of rent and a bond which is non refundable if they leave a behind mess, so i would imagine this would apply to the organisers of Tramlines as well.

They didn't exactly have a countrywide monopoly on alcohol you know. You go to a venue like that, surely you expect captive audience prices for booze?

Tramlines started as a community project so as people could watch groups in pubs and open spaces ,It was open to every one rich or poor ,the drinks were pub prices and you could just have a half of whatever for a quid or so.

The event is now becoming one for those who can afford the entrance fee plus the drink and food on offer.

This situation always happens when the powers that be see the pound signs pop up before their eyes ,greed takes over ,it has happened in all social events where working people used to be able to enjoy them selves with minimum cost.

Football being a prime example.

The 'fringe' is still exactly as you describe, the Red Deer were hosting bands all weekend (for example).

The 'fringe' is still exactly as you describe, the Red Deer were hosting bands all weekend (for example).

That was not what I asked.

Well he was there Friday and Saturday and going again today . I’m not in the habit of not believing what people say .Are there different places selling alcohol ? He didn’t have any reason to lie .

I was there Friday night, have been doing the fringe since.

There are different places selling alcohol. The main beer tents had a very limited selection - two beers, two ciders, some spirits. And the beer was something like £4.60 or £4.80 a pint (it wasn't my round).

So nothing like £8. But perhaps there are some craft beer stalls with more expensive drinks.

I agree with albert smith it was not was the whole thing was about,it started as a great town centre venue,now its just about how much cash you have,music should be available to all at sensible cost in my opinion

Mind you, somebody told me that a band about 9th in the pecking order were getting paid 20k ...

Who told you?

Was it the band's agent?