Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Responding to at Mel the Bell..

Not quite sure why you think they'll be spending around Hillsborough. I think it more likely that they will not want to leave the venue to have to queue and go through security again.

Responding to at Mel the Bell..

Not quite sure why you think they'll be spending around Hillsborough. I think it more likely that they will not want to leave the venue to have to queue and go through security again.

ive been to a few festivals over the years and i know they spend around the festival not just in it, obviously i know its captive generally, all are

Agreed, its all about creating a captive audience and selling them overpriced food and drink.

its almost as though they're trying to run a business :rolleyes:

Guest makapaka
its almost as though they're trying to run a business :rolleyes:

They might even make a profit *THE HORROR*

I'm going for the first time this year, great that I can walk to it. Dissapointed that you can't take food or drink in - I bet it'll all cost a fortune!

They are and good luck to them but its not what Tramlines was started out to be.

Neither was Glastonbury

Glastonbury has the acts to back it up, Tramlines doesn't.

70 acts is a decent amount, just because you dont like most of em doesnt mean its not decent

Quantity over quality.

You really don't have a clue about putting bands on do you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooker11 View Post

Quantity over quality.

You really don't have a clue about putting bands on do you?

_______

Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?

I would rather have 70 bands. .. Various music than one quality band.

Rolling Stones or 70 bands?

. . .give the new guys a chance. You may like them

Glastonbury has the acts to back it up, Tramlines doesn't.

have they ? they used to have some awful bands before it became fashionable to attend glasto believe i went and i paid as they chraged (apart from the year i scaled a fence:hihi: )

My issue is with the threat to the licenses of premises in the city who dare to use the Tramlines branding, and the hoops they have to jump through this year in order to be able to use the tagline "The Fringe At Tramlines".

Like I said the other day, a friend of mine who runs a bar is absolutely furious.

I see this was finally released on the 25th May

http://www.sheffafter5.com/thefringeattramlines/the-fringe-at-tramlines-to-bring-festival-feel-to-city-centre

As well as the main The Fringe at Tramlines areas, bars and music venues across the city are signing up to be a part of The Fringe at Tramlines, each curating their own line-ups of artists and musicians over the weekend.

"Signing up" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I see from a post on Facebook that part of Hillsborough Park is going to be closed for 18 days to allow for the setting up and taking down of this event. Seems a bit excessive to me.