Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Because lots of people going to a festival, need to buy fags, water, snacks, phone top ups and all sorts of things that you would need for a day in a park so a direct relationship.

A bunch of teenage boys smashing a fountain and trying to break into a shed is no more or less likely to happen whether the festival is happening or not.

its a coincidence probably brought on as its a place to hang around as stuff is going on my issues is that the police and PCSO's were more interested in being inside the festival ( who had there own security) than being outside and patrolling and ensuring incidents like this didnt happen, maybe if they had been at the rear of the library where the youths/teens sit and drink instead of dancing to Noel Gallagher thgen it might not have occured, i dont blame tramlines i blame SYP.

also telling that as soon as the festival ended you couldnt get a PCSO in hillsborough park for love nor money whereas you couldnt move for them over the weekend

i dont blame tramlines i blame SYP.

So you don't blame the teenage boys who smashed the fountain? You blame SYP instead? :loopy:

Because lots of people going to a festival, need to buy fags, water, snacks, phone top ups and all sorts of things that you would need for a day in a park so a direct relationship.

A bunch of teenage boys smashing a fountain and trying to break into a shed is no more or less likely to happen whether the festival is happening or not.

Lots of people going to the festival is likely to include a proportion who vandalise things as well.

It's disingenuous to pretend that the large numbers of people, drinking, is unlikely to be the root cause of an increase in vandalism.

So you don't blame the teenage boys who smashed the fountain? You blame SYP instead? :loopy:

are being deliberately dense? the issue of the vandalism is being seen as tramlines fault i see it as the fault of SYP/PCSO's using the weekend to have a jolly rather than work in the community as they are paid to do and by ensuring they did what they were paid to do maybe the idiots wouldnt have vandalised the garden.

who knows maybe if they had patrolled outside the fence as was their role maybe they would have confiscated the alcohol from the underage kids drinking at the back of the library and moved them on elsewhere, but what in effect did happen was they walked around the festival for 3 days.

I get the impression that no matter what they'd done, it would be the wrong thing as far as Narden Dee is concerned.

It's their job to patrol the fence? Really?

Did i write that no what i said was they shpuld have been patrolling outside the fenced area not inside the site. Tramlines had private security there was no need for pcso to be inside their role is to work in the community not as tax funded additional security.

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 11:52 ----------

I get the impression that no matter what they'd done, it would be the wrong thing as far as Narden Dee is concerned.

Well thats the wrong impression what i am saying is that if they had been outside then maybe the garden wouldnt have been vandalised instead they took the time to have freebie while being paid to work

"Well thats the wrong impression what i am saying is that if they had been outside then maybe the garden wouldnt have been vandalised instead they took the time to have freebie while being paid to work"

They will have carried out a risk assessment and concluded that the larger concentration of attendees within the park, for a longer duration, warranted their presence inside rather than outside. If there were more police / security / PCSOs they might have covered both, at greater cost and so higher entry prices.

Police officer seen dancing at music festival engaging with the community shock horror.

I guess Somerset police should cancel their order of Angel wings due to be sent out to them next June.

In other news - just shows how lucky you can be with the weather.

If TL has been a week later it’d have been cancelled yesterday. Dodged a bullet there

Did i write that no what i said was they shpuld have been patrolling outside the fenced area not inside the site. Tramlines had private security there was no need for pcso to be inside their role is to work in the community not as tax funded additional security.

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 11:52 ----------

Well thats the wrong impression what i am saying is that if they had been outside then maybe the garden wouldnt have been vandalised instead they took the time to have freebie while being paid to work

If they hadn't been working inside the festival the it's likely that other crimes would have taken place there.

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 16:38 ----------

Why would it have been cancelled? We had a bit of drizzle, that was about it.

If they hadn't been working inside the festival the it's likely that other crimes would have taken place there.

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 16:38 ----------

Why would it have been cancelled? We had a bit of drizzle, that was about it.

You obviously don’t live near Hillsborough Park then. Yesterday at about 12 noon it was blowing a near gale and coming down in buckets.