Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Guest makapaka
The problem with doing that is that they would have to put up a whole load of extra fencing around the main stage, employ extra security to check people in and out of the area, would reduce the capacity of the festival and cause a number of additional of health and safety problems if you had to evacuate the main stage area into an already full festival site.

This would inevitably push ticket prices up and would be pretty pointless as the park was rammed for the headliners on all three nights, so I guess most of those attending wanted to watch them.

Exactly - it was fine how it was - brilliant in fact.

I'm sure those attending will be in good spirits, regardless of how they make it to the park.

Even those of us who decided to cycle there and came off on wet tramlines! :roll:

I had my reservations about the event and couldn't make it this year, looks like it was a resounding success and it'll go from strength to strength now I think, well done to all concerned.

A couple of younger families from my street went, and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. We are in the restricted parking zone, the organisation was good. People were using public transport (pleased the tram strike had little impact) and taxis seemed to be busy.

ive been in favour from the start, even though I've no interest in attending. I'm so glad it went well, and although there was some damage in the walled garden (there are always some brain dead specimens) I'm pleased it was minimal.

and although there was some damage in the walled garden (there are always some brain dead specimens) I'm pleased it was minimal.

And that had what to do with the festival?

And that had what to do with the festival?

That's very confrontational. It happened during the festival time, but if you'd like proof that it was in any way related, I haven't got any.

---------- Post added 23-07-2018 at 23:07 ----------

has anyone suggested it was inside?, tramlines had to factor in the security of the wall garden.

facts are...

part of Tramlines security responsibilities were also safeguarding areas outside of the perimeter which included the Walled Garden, Wildlife area and all pubic space within the Park that remained open during their event.

The walled garden was entered during tramlines operating times 4:30-8pm

A second attempt to enter the walled garden followed the next day, again between 4:30-8pm this attempt failed.

its an unfortunate occurrence, but no one is blaming this on Tramlines or those attending and as I've stated Tramlines were very helpful and generously offered help and assistance putting things back in place.

so no fake news, just a sad occurrence that shouldn't mar tramlines in anyway it was a brilliant well organised event, everyone is looking forward to the next one.

Let's just call it coincidence that it happened during those times. I'm glad Tramlines were helpful in reinstating things.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

That's very confrontational. It happened during the festival time, but if you'd like proof that it was in any way related, I haven't got any.

Not at all confrontational, just asking a simple question.

You are at least the second poster on this thread to link the damage to the walled garden fountain to the festival without any evidence that the two things were in any way related. As I pointed out earlier, the walled garden was separated from the festival by an 18 foot high security fence but was freely accessible from Middlewood Road. Saying that it happened during the festival time is about as relevant as me saying a house in your street was burgled at the same time as you were having a barbecue so there must be a connection.

Even those of us who decided to cycle there and came off on wet tramlines! :roll:

Sorry to hear that's happened again to you, was it the same spot as the previous time or times you've come a cropper on the lines?

Not at all confrontational, just asking a simple question.

You are at least the second poster on this thread to link the damage to the walled garden fountain to the festival without any evidence that the two things were in any way related. As I pointed out earlier, the walled garden was separated from the festival by an 18 foot high security fence but was freely accessible from Middlewood Road. Saying that it happened during the festival time is about as relevant as me saying a house in your street was burgled at the same time as you were having a barbecue so there must be a connection.

It's highly unlikely that it was a coincidence isn't it? "Separated" by an 18 foot security fence which people were free to leave and re-enter.

I don't see you asking if the reports of local businesses doing well was just a coincidence. Exactly the same argument applies though.

---------- Post added 24-07-2018 at 07:22 ----------

Yeah, they're slippery in the wet, I cycle all year, you have to treat them with respect.

Got my ticket for next year. Tier 1 with VIP - £80 for 3 days of music. Can't wait!

Got my ticket for next year. Tier 1 with VIP - £80 for 3 days of music. Can't wait!

How the other half live eh :D

I don't see you asking if the reports of local businesses doing well was just a coincidence. Exactly the same argument applies.

Of course it wasn't a coincidence.

Loads more people in the area = more business for local shops. Loads more people in the area does not = increased acts of vandalism.