Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Tickets for next year go on sale at 6pm today.

£40 for the weekend.

Bargain,

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

go on Bassett One

has anyone suggested it was inside?....

...its an unfortunate occurrence, but no one is blaming this on Tramlines or those attending

It was mentioned by someone in an earlier post in connection with the weekend's events. I was pointing out that being on the outside of a very high perimeter fence, it is very unlikely to have had anything at all to do with the festival.

Do we know who was involved?

Seems to have gone very well, we went and sat near the playground and listened/watched screen without paying a penny so was a winner

Tickets for next year go on sale at 6pm today.

£40 for the weekend.

Early bird tickets sold out in 6 minutes...

Early bird tickets sold out in 6 minutes...

Less than six minutes. I had four in the basket then went back to add another two as my brother said he'd like some too. By the time the screen refreshed it was saying sold out. That was at 6:02 according to my phone. Ended up having to pay Tier 1 prices, gutted as I had 4 Early Bird tickets before refreshing.

Previous years the Super Early Bird tickets were only available to people who had previously bought tickets and I'm sure they weren't limited in numbers, they were sold on a timescale, i.e. had to be purchased on the first day of sale (might be wrong but they certainly had enough to see out the first day of being on sale).

Be interesting to know how many Early Bird tickets were actually sold. Already on Tier 2 prices now, so that's two price increases within the space of a few hours. Still a lot cheaper than what they'll sell for nearer the time though if history is anything to go by.

Edited by steroc

Less than six minutes. I had four in the basket then went back to add another two as my brother said he'd like some too. By the time the screen refreshed it was saying sold out. That was at 6:02 according to my phone. Ended up having to pay Tier 1 prices, gutted as I had 4 Early Bird tickets before refreshing.

Tier 1 tickets have sold out now!

This year's festival was amazing, we stayed with friends up in Hillsborough and the vibe was amazing. Big thank you to all the friendly residents for putting up with the noise and hassle!

This year's festival was amazing, we stayed with friends up in Hillsborough and the vibe was amazing. Big thank you to all the friendly residents for putting up with the noise and hassle!

I was one of the Residents and loved every minute if it, most others l spoke to said the same, Roll on next year :)

I'm assuming that next year's line up hasn't been announced yet?

That is the ultimate mark of the success of an event when people are prepared to take a chance on the line up as they have confidence that it will be good.

Seems to have gone very well, we went and sat near the playground and listened/watched screen without paying a penny so was a winner

Got to admit I was also there and Watched - Had a few beers with me then onto local pub , So was cheap for a few ;)

I do think the organises should only charge for main stage area and let others watch other acts for free , The drink and food prices was expensive but I understand the rent to have a stall there was also - so I suppose the stalls had to recover there costs :(

But still make half the event free then familys could enjoy more .

Tramlines will be in Park for next 3 years at least , And who can blame them Making at least over 2 million for the event :hihi:;) I think the moaners who live round there might be best booking a holiday away ;):hihi:

Got to admit I was also there and Watched - Had a few beers with me then onto local pub , So was cheap for a few ;)

I do think the organises should only charge for main stage area and let others watch other acts for free , The drink and food prices was expensive but I understand the rent to have a stall there was also - so I suppose the stalls had to recover there costs :(

But still make half the event free then familys could enjoy more .

Tramlines will be in Park for next 3 years at least , And who can blame them Making at least over 2 million for the event :hihi:;) I think the moaners who live round there might be best booking a holiday away ;):hihi:

If you want to watch other acts for free theres plenty in the Fringe. Making half of Hillsborough Park free gives people even less reason to go and spend their money in the town centre.

As for families enjoying it more, the ones I saw looked like they were having a great time, plus its free for U12s anyway.

Its proved to be a massive success, and it obviously doesnt need changing if the ticket sales for 2019 so far are anything to go by.

I do think the organises should only charge for main stage area and let others watch other acts for free

The problem with doing that is that they would have to put up a whole load of extra fencing around the main stage, employ extra security to check people in and out of the area, would reduce the capacity of the festival and cause a number of additional of health and safety problems if you had to evacuate the main stage area into an already full festival site.

This would inevitably push ticket prices up and would be pretty pointless as the park was rammed for the headliners on all three nights, so I guess most of those attending wanted to watch them.