Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

As a resident of the area, I've got to congratulate all involved in the planning, organising and executing of what has to be one of the greatest weekends I've seen in this city in my 40 years, from the Staff inside the park serving, cleaning or being a helpful presence to the lads and lasses outside sat at the end of the roads and the security staff guiding you, every single one of you did the city proud.

As for the event itself, well I just hope it has fully put Sheffield and more importantly to me Hillsborough firmly on the festival map, and I also hope it encourages more events of a similar nature to look at the park as a place for them to hold events.

Anyone that could find fault with this event are the same people who will always try and keep Sheffield down but then moan when something like this happens in Leeds.

This small minority need to have a long hard look at themselves and really reevaluate why they are so quick to be offended and always find themselves arguing against the vast majority of the city

In fact the only negativity to come out of this weekend is towards the unite union who thought they would disrupt this great event with there ridiculous decision to strike. instead of getting the city on its side in its dispute, it actually had the opposite effect

Well done tramlines, well done Hillsborough and well done Sheffield

This cant be right, the organiser of Lowedges Festival told us all there would be trouble.

This cant be right, the organiser of Lowedges Festival told us all there would be trouble.

There will be a minority of citizens of this great city that will be absolutely fuming that this has been a universal success

I apologise got it wrong and glad it worked out okay for those who can afford it,but still liked the idea of city centre and ajoining areas,but if its got to big so be it,nice if one has the cash to afford it.

I apologise got it wrong and glad it worked out okay for those who can afford it,but still liked the idea of city centre and ajoining areas,but if its got to big so be it,nice if one has the cash to afford it.

I believe you Can get next years tickets for £20 today i'm sure that's affordable to everyone

If you look at who was headlining back in the days when it was a free event on Devonshire Green, its no surprise it is now a paid event.

Anyway, was there still a free event at Devonshire Green this year anyway? Anyone strapped for cash could still go there, couldnt they.

Thought Toby Foster a little biased this morning saying the moaning Minnies of Hillsborough at it already doesn't Radio Sheffield care what of local people think. Their ideas for improvement s moving forward. He did also say the station was been upgraded in August hopefully some new presenter's

disgusting £8 a pint total rip off,this only makes people drink more before they get there and that causes more trouble in the end,we allow people the choice and no fee entry,maybe not up to the same standard,but its a silly London price and not fair to the public,is this at hillsbrough or the free entry at town

so you have a license/permission to allow sale / consumption of alcohol on council land

There was a festival like atmosphere with large groups of people entering the park and it was fun people spotting and seeing some of the outfits. However, noise levels were very high on the Sunday, I personally am glad it's over with. We also had people parking in front of our residence to go to Tramslines and witnessed them getting back into cars on the way out, but then the organisers are claiming that they have ticketed people for that. Will be good when the 'fortress' walls come down and hopefully the swans and geese are still in the pond!

My partner just learned that someone has vandalised the walled garden fountain and broke into the shed there. That's very sad. On the whole people seemed to be alright, from what I could tell, and the early finish on the Sunday was appreciated by us. In the old peoples home near us, you could still hear the music and I mentioned in passing to someone sat outside of it that I'd be glad when it was all done and she agreed. We can now finally open our windows again to cool down without getting blasted with unwanted noise.

Shame only 8 grand is going to the park from all this. Coudln't the organisers have given a bit more? Perhaps the acts are a bit greedy in their take?

There was a festival like atmosphere with large groups of people entering the park and it was fun people spotting and seeing some of the outfits. However, noise levels were very high on the Sunday, I personally am glad it's over with. We also had people parking in front of our residence to go to Tramslines and witnessed them getting back into cars on the way out, but then the organisers are claiming that they have ticketed people for that. Will be good when the 'fortress' walls come down and hopefully the swans and geese are still in the pond!

My partner just learned that someone has vandalised the walled garden fountain and broke into the shed there. That's very sad. On the whole people seemed to be alright, from what I could tell, and the early finish on the Sunday was appreciated by us. In the old peoples home near us, you could still hear the music and I mentioned in passing to someone sat outside of it that I'd be glad when it was all done and she agreed. We can now finally open our windows again to cool down without getting blasted with unwanted noise.

Shame only 8 grand is going to the park from all this. Coudln't the organisers have given a bit more? Perhaps the acts are a bit greedy in their take?

People and security and Tramlines itself were great, they dealt very well with anyone that missed behaved, the walled garden incident was unfortunate, but worse things could have happened the Walled Garden incident happened between 4:30pm and 8pm on Saturday was put back to normal by a few garden volunteers myself included.

nice if one has the cash to afford it.

What on earth are you on about?

You would pay £40-£50 alone to see any of this weekend's headliners in a comparable sized venue.

You would pay £30-£40 alone to see any of the main support acts in a large venue.

You would pay £20-£30 to see any of the third on the bill acts in another venue.

You would pay £15-£20 to see any of the fourth on the bill acts in another venue.

You would pay at least £10 to see any of the 12 other bands on the main stage.

That is over £500 worth of tickets for only £75! And that is only on the main stage! There were also four other stages with over 50 other bands playing and a comedy stage with 13 acts. Most large UK festivals charge double that and usually not in an area that is so convenient to get to. That is one hell of a lot of entertainment for only £75. To put it in perspective, if you bought tickets for all those acts separately, you would pay more than that in booking fees alone!

And that is to enjoy all that entertainment in a much nicer setting than many crowded venues or soulless arenas. And instead of being forced to eat and drink whatever limited choice that the venue offered you, in Hillsborough Park you could choose from literally hundreds of choices of food and drink.

I'm sure there some reasons to criticise Tramlines but cost certainly isn't one of them.

People and security and Tramlines itself were great, they dealt very well with anyone that missed behaved, the walled garden incident was unfortunate, but worse things could have happened the Walled Garden incident happened between 4:30pm and 8pm on Saturday was put back to normal by a few garden volunteers myself included.

Good on you for doing that. Have you been in the park proper yet? If so, I'd be interested to learn how have the local wildlife (in particular the swans and geese, ducks and moorhens) reacted to the noise? It seems to me that as many people on this forum can't even consider us local residents and empathise with how we feel about things, that they really won't give a damn about the animals and that if they happen to fly off and never return, they'd likely just say 'so what'. So I hope that if they did fly off that they have returned once more. Can you comment on that at all?

And to those who enjoyed it and don't live around here, good stuff. You had your fun and you had a (hopefully) great time. Now its time to stop opposing us locals because the concerns are valid and it's really only because we speak up that the whole thing runs as smoothly as it does. Now we need the cleanup and take down operation to go well and the park to be as it was before.

Unexpected weekend bonus for some of the Walkley businesses. A steady stream of tramlines punters after each evening had finished walking back up the hill, along South Road and onwards.

Although the beer co had stopped on-sales at 10 pm, they were doing a good trade in off sales to new punters who didn't know it existed before.

We went for a curry around 10.30pm Saturday night and that filled up nicely as well with post tramliners .