Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Walking down Dixon Road on Friday night (on my way to my own gig!), the music seemed very loud. About half way down you could hear both stages together , I don't think I'd have enjoyed being a resident in that patch!

Got to catch a bit of the Stereophonics walking home (could hear them in Crookes) but I think it all finished at 10 so only got a snippet. Shame they were on at the same time as us :D

I could hear Mr Gallagher from my garden last night, and the crowd singing along to "All You Need is Love"!

That sounded great up here on Overton....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 'fringe' is still exactly as you describe, the Red Deer were hosting bands all weekend (for example).

It’s not the “ fringe”. It is the “ Tramlines Fringe” and many venues have paid to be associated with it and use the name. An excellent programme of events was published and distributed to participants .

I don’t know who’s playing now but our windows are vibrating ??

I don’t know who’s playing now but our windows are vibrating ??

Is this the last day ?

It’s not the “ fringe”. It is the “ Tramlines Fringe” and many venues have paid to be associated with it and use the name. An excellent programme of events was published and distributed to participants .

Paid? As far as I am aware no payment had to be made, they merely had to comply with a few things including a coordinated social media posting. Who told you they had to pay?

how much would it cost to go for the full 3 days in admission and do they have seated area for disabled? also do they have any reggae singers,as having read how good it is I was thinking of going next year ,if disabled have a area thanks

how much would it cost to go for the full 3 days in admission and do they have seated area for disabled? also do they have any reggae singers,as having read how good it is I was thinking of going next year ,if disabled have a area thanks

All large festivals have has disabled viewing areas for at least the last 25 years to my knowledge.

To be fair, it's not been as much of a nightmare as i'd feared; parking's been OK on our road and I've been out in the garden all afternoon and have hardly heard it. To be honest the biggest inconvenience has been not being able to drive down Dixon Road on the way to Hillsborough.

Just a heads up they are for some reason not letting people up the top side of Parkside rd now. We showed our residents pass and he just shook his head . We’ve used it the other nights .Had to do a u turn and go up langsette then down Marlcliffe

Was that the 'full closure' for the hour whilst it closes down?

So it all seems to have gone off OK. The world didn't end after all. Loads of people came to a big event in Sheff, had a good time and spent money in local businesses.