Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Just watched Look North and Hillsborough Park looked absolute packed

We can hear it from Walkley...but we aren't old curmudgeons who resent people having fun....I used to do that sort of stuff 30 years ago.

Opened the windows for free tunes.

Walking through Hillsborough after work tonight, the strike looks like it has had zero impact on Tramlines, the whole borough was bustling and looked great, if people want to get to such a great event, they will get there by hook or by crook, Sheffield doesn't run by trams alone...

We can hear it from Walkley...but we aren't old curmudgeons who resent people having fun....I used to do that sort of stuff 30 years ago.

Opened the windows for free tunes.

Same here in Walkley, pity about the rain but looking good for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great time at Tramlines this weekend.

this I predict will be a mistake,there will be drunkeness,and trouble ,I pray I am wrong but I cant see me being,but do hope I am wrong.and what no trams to tramlines laughing stock of south Yorkshire.

Drunkeness and trouble??? you get that anywhere on a weekend when alcohol is involved, this a music festival, not a football match or pub, when i walked through Hillsborough earlier, it was fantastic to see so many people enjoying themselves, the noise coming from the park sounded fantastic, i was quite envious i wasn't in there. As for the trams, good on the staff for sticking to their guns, fair enough, it has caused a bit of inconvenience, I didn't finish work at RHH till 8pm so missed the trams, but it is a tiny inconvenience and there are plenty of buses running, Sheffield doesn't just run by tram alone, all in all, a fantastic event that should be celebrated by all...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

They aren't.

The council, in conjunction with the police and festival organisers will be doing this as part of the licensing agreement for the event.

The road wasn't closed after the event. We saw a bus go up the road within the hour after. Also so much for stopping people from the festival parking on the street, there was a car and a van on our road all day, both were used by people coming out of the park. Then they both drove off, again within the hour afterwards.

Just watched Look North and Hillsborough Park looked absolute packed

It was rammed, but was a fantastic evening

The road wasn't closed after the event. We saw a bus go up the road within the hour after. Also so much for stopping people from the festival parking on the street, there was a car and a van on our road all day, both were used by people coming out of the park. Then they both drove off, again within the hour afterwards.

They had manned barriers in place by 1620 when I cycled up dixon road yesterday, and on all the other roads around there.

---------- Post added 21-07-2018 at 08:58 ----------

So I presume that means that those roads are basically closed to drive along as well then? As Middlewood Road is for an hour when the event closes. Quite why a private company is allowed to do this is beyond me.

The same reason that the privately owned football club does it every fortnight. :roll:

---------- Post added 21-07-2018 at 09:00 ----------

Why would a visitor have something on them showing the address of the people they are visiting? :confused:

I guess the resident could walk down to meet the visitor, with the proof of address and get them in...

---------- Post added 21-07-2018 at 09:01 ----------

Shame about the weather though, it's been scorching and lovely for about 6 weeks now, but rained a little yesterday evening and is cool and overcast right now.

We had a great first night, the rain was actually quite nice!

The drinks are expensive and the queues were long but went down quite quickly. Our only fault was the toilets, theres nowhere near enough of them so the queues were ridiculous.

Looking forward to this afternoon :)

The drinks are expensive and the queues were long but went down quite quickly. Our only fault was the toilets, theres nowhere near enough of them so the queues were ridiculous.

Hopefully they can sort that out its been raised by a few people on the tramlines Facebook page, and the team running it seem very accommodating when it comes to any issues, roll on next year and the year after :banana:

Drink prices are ridiculous in all honesty.

Mind you, somebody told me that a band about 9th in the pecking order were getting paid 20k ... makes you wonder what Noel Gallagher is getting? At the end of the day the festival people need to make money to pay for these acts.

Anyone know what time the parking restrictions start, I'm hoping to get to the gym this morning, normally I park on Hawksley Avenue.