Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

this I predict will be a mistake,there will be drunkeness,and trouble ,I pray I am wrong but I cant see me being,but do hope I am wrong.and what no trams to tramlines laughing stock of south Yorkshire.

Well this is wrong, for starters.

And how dare people have a few drinks at a festival!

bet they have to pay top prices for drinks as well as tickets,they should be able to bring there own,like other smaller venues allow,but I hope I am wrong and everyone enjoys a trouble free event.but no trams its a disgrace,so its walk on the tramlines to hillsbrough,it reminds me of 50 years ago follow the chalked arrows on the path game,maybe the council could do that so the public can get there.

bet they have to pay top prices for drinks as well as tickets,they should be able to bring there own,like other smaller venues allow,but I hope I am wrong and everyone enjoys a trouble free event.but no trams its a disgrace,so its walk on the tramlines to hillsbrough,it reminds me of 50 years ago follow the chalked arrows on the path game,maybe the council could do that so the public can get there.

Are you ignoring my posts on purpose? I have already told you there are trams.

Your ranting as the organiser of another festival is totally embarrassing

Do you know how much tickets were?!

Private enterprise in having to sell tickets in order to book acts and make a profit shocker.

Are you ignoring my posts on purpose? I have already told you there are trams.

Your ranting as the organiser of another festival is totally embarrassing

He hasn't been able to stop himself since this thread began, :gag:

I've not long come back from Hillsborough Park there are Plenty of happy people milling around the park :)

I've not long come back from Hillsborough Park there are Plenty of happy people milling around the park :)

Hmmm... :huh:

... don't worry, I expect that'll soon change once the new footy season starts. ;)

Which smaller music venues allow people to take their own drinks in? Genuinely curious as the only one I knew of in Sheffield was the Lughole, which was run as a collective by volunteers. Sadly it is now closed.

Selling drinks is one of the only ways small venues can keep going - loads of gigs lose money. I don't know of a single one in Sheffield who would allow people to bring their own drinks in!

You wouldn't go to a pub and expect you could bring your own drinks!

All the roads near me from Far lane to Dixon Road/Middlewood Rd are being closed for parking to non residents. Residents and their visitors should have something with them showing their address. I always carry my driving licence, address is on that.

So I presume that means that those roads are basically closed to drive along as well then? As Middlewood Road is for an hour when the event closes. Quite why a private company is allowed to do this is beyond me.

Quite why a private company is allowed to do this is beyond me.

They aren't.

The council, in conjunction with the police and festival organisers will be doing this as part of the licensing agreement for the event.

same as road closures for football matches the country over I would guess..

I've just been sat outside having a gentle beer, and I can here it from here... felt a tinge of jealousy if I'm being honest, ah well, too old for all that stuff now. Leave it for the younger folk